What if...............

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm just not going out and burning my **** up for a 1 off 1 time a year event on top of spending $5000 or more to participate. On top of all the work that would be involved. I'm out LOL

You can keep stuff happy with an air to air or air to water. With that turbo it shouldn't be a problem

i dont see it being terribly hard for a lot of guys to swap. Id bet over half of the SS and PS trucks out there run a t6 borg on the manifold currently anyways. If this is the case, you just pull off the atmosphere(s), build some kind of hoodstack, and everything else bolts right on. Id also be willing to bet most of the guys interested in competing that have something else on their manifold, would have access to a "box" charger to do the little fab work required before heading to the race. Just dont see it as a deal killer.

Who's opposed to the entry fee being $1000 + cost of a 179176 turbo, then being handed that sealed turbo, sans exhaust housing, at tech?

I'm not sure what dollars and cents level would work, but incorporating the turbo into the entry is a great idea in my opinion!!!

I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm just not going out and burning my **** up for a 1 off 1 time a year event on top of spending $5000 or more to participate. On top of all the work that would be involved. I'm out LOL

I believe you mean the chance of failure for a single race elimination event:woohoo:

I hate to say it, but the splitter-blade design wheels have shown to be much more reliable in high pressure/speed situations. And the BW turbo 179176 has one of the best compressor trims pertinent to a diesel application in factory form.

What's your opinion on the 72sxe in this scenario for the race sake....?

I mean...he kinda answered this in the post if you knew how to read it.

On the subject of turbos. If this Borg unit was the spec "largest" thing allowed...would you let someone that wanted to give it a shot with a smaller charger in the show?
Like how close is a tweaked 2.6 to this box 3.0?

On the subject of turbos. If this Borg unit was the spec "largest" thing allowed...would you let someone that wanted to give it a shot with a smaller charger in the show?
Like how close is a tweaked 2.6 to this box 3.0?
You would be opening up a can of worms doing so. I understand your point, but a clipped wheel 2.8" turbo could easily be an advantage.

You can keep stuff happy with an air to air or air to water. With that turbo it shouldn't be a problem

Why wouldn't you allow water injection if your going to allow water/air intercoolers? Doesn't make sense to me. Water/air is a bigger advantage for HP especially in a class limited on turbo.

Who's opposed to the entry fee being $1000 + cost of a 179176 turbo, then being handed that sealed turbo, sans exhaust housing, at tech?

This was kinda my idea. Truly the only way to keep this deal less complicated.

There are ways around this, and it puts a burden on the race organization that is not needed. Allow the turbo to be bought wherever the racer wants to purchase it, then quarantine the trucks after they make an elimination pass, only the competitors being paid prize money need teched. No one cares if the guy who finishes last is cheating.

Why wouldn't you allow water injection if your going to allow water/air intercoolers? Doesn't make sense to me. Water/air is a bigger advantage for HP especially in a class limited on turbo.

Because there are a lot of ways to inject more then just water in some situations . Make the right mix and you could make 200 hp more from what I gather.

I mean...he kinda answered this in the post if you knew how to read it.

Air pressure is air pressure no matter what, the point of the question is there may be some that are more comfortable running a large exducer 72 compared to the 76. Off the line response, boost drops in shifts, and all the other exciting things to boot! You got to remember guy's that run dedicated SS have setups that complement their turbos responsiveness and the fact that there's a user here that's run a low 10 with the sxe72 at a heavy weight I think it's not something to be over looked.

There are ways around this, and it puts a burden on the race organization that is not needed. Allow the turbo to be bought wherever the racer wants to purchase it, then quarantine the trucks after they make an elimination pass, only the competitors being paid prize money need teched. No one cares if the guy who finishes last is cheating.

Truth, plus im sure guy's like you have enough Borg contacts to maybe setup a huge drop shipment of said turbo if XX amount of entries take place. Cost/MAP/Retail is all negotiable in volumes and if the order quantity is right you could make some scratch off the deal for the time as Well as be able to offer a slightly lover cost to consumer. Assuming enrollment involved a deposit and what not.

Because there are a lot of ways to inject more then just water in some situations . Make the right mix and you could make 200 hp more from what I gather.

In the professional world I'm used to, injectable make chicks grow man parts and men grow chick parts.

5-Female-Steroid-Abuse-BOdybuilders.jpg

Drug free is the way to be!

Air pressure is air pressure no matter what, the point of the question is there may be some that are more comfortable running a large exducer 72 compared to the 76.

The 72mm SX-E is 56-trim and the 76mm SX-E is 58-trim, both are going the wrong direction for a higher pressure ratio scenario.

Truth, plus im sure guy's like you have enough Borg contacts to maybe setup a huge drop shipment of said turbo if XX amount of entries take place. Cost/MAP/Retail is all negotiable in volumes and if the order quantity is right you could make some scratch off the deal for the time as Well as be able to offer a slightly lover cost to consumer.

My involvement in this discussion is not due to a desire to make money, but rather bring my experience to help possibly create a workable solution.

The 72mm SX-E is 56-trim and the 76mm SX-E is 58-trim, both are going the wrong direction for a higher pressure ratio scenario.

My involvement in this discussion is not due to a desire to make money, but rather bring my experience to help possibly create a workable solution.

No I'm making a legitimate suggestion and recommendation, plus it'd keep integrity involved in the event.

So we have:

5500lbs, tube chassis or full frame
Slicks no matter 2wd or 4wd
Borg 179176 with any factory turbine housing

I say allow water injection, but distilled water to be supplied by the track/ sponsors. Is that unreasonable?

I would like to have the turbo well before the event for testing. $1k buy-in is pushing it for me personally as well, you are looking at 3-$4k to make the race by the time you figure in travel, the spec charger, and buy-in. I would be more interested in more competitors than a $20k+ purse.

Can yall add a poll to this thread with the different options?

For Example:

A: 5500lbs 3.0 charger no nitrous $500 buy-in

B: 5500lbs 2.6 charger water only $1000 buy-in

If you guys put this together with BorgWarner or Garrett or any other turbo supplier I think you should involve them from the start and get them to sign on as sponsors in every truck is going to be running their turbos...

The problem is that you will also be shutting out ALL of the other turbo manufacturers and builders which does not help promote the industry. It might be better to have a solid set of rules with no gray areas or wiggle room in place and let every turbo manufacturer/builder that wants to be involved come and play...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back