What if...............

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't agree with the 4wd trucks having to run radial, no one in SS or PS that I know of run radial, now your requiring all the 4wd guys to figure out a radial tire chassis setup for one race. And the 2wd guys tell us 4wd trucks are dumb so according to that logic we don't need more of a handicap. Also I dont see the problem with water injection instead of an intercooler. If you dont want methanol in the mix, make all water tanks be filled in the tech station and put tamper proof tape on the lid.

If you guys put this together with BorgWarner or Garrett or any other turbo supplier I think you should involve them from the start and get them to sign on as sponsors in every truck is going to be running their turbos...

The problem is that you will also be shutting out ALL of the other turbo manufacturers and builders which does not help promote the industry. It might be better to have a solid set of rules with no gray areas or wiggle room in place and let every turbo manufacturer/builder that wants to be involved come and play...

In all seriousness, what is the market capture/ make up of diesel application for turbo manufacturers?

The problem is that you will also be shutting out ALL of the other turbo manufacturers and builders which does not help promote the industry. It might be better to have a solid set of rules with no gray areas or wiggle room in place and let every turbo manufacturer/builder that wants to be involved come and play...

Your comment is noteworthy, but it also brings in the $5-6k turbochargers which could cause a lot of people to lose interest.

Last edited:
Because there are a lot of ways to inject more then just water in some situations . Make the right mix and you could make 200 hp more from what I gather.

What about water only, tech with an empty tank, fill with plain water at tech then the cap and lines sealed?

I just don't see doing something like this for a one time event. Sounds like a class that could make for a really competitive event and find whichever charger and reasonable weight it would take to hit approximate time goal and go for it.

With a big enough guaranteed purse, you'd be surprised at how many would show up. Make it affordable to adapt existing trucks to the "class" and stack some cash on the table and people will show up to race.

It took 79 pages to explain my race! Give it time to get heated up fella's. Bahahaha

I don't want to come off as if I do not support this because I absolutely do. But imo its just another way to measure one's dick. There are plenty of classes out there for people to race and they choose not to. Simple as that. To take my truck backwards and spend $5000 in parts alone, then travel and tamper with things for a 1 day race isn't something I personally care about. Though $20K sounds great. Its not worth it imo. $10K profit roughly but you will need a trans refreshed, converter refreshed, oil changed, trans fluid... That knocks it down to a hell of a lot less of a profit. I'll come watch though.

Last edited:
It would be nice if diesel racing would stop trying to accommodate full size truck weights and start pushing lighter chassis.

Save parts and increase safety... not to mention increase consistency.

Seems to me that is our last frontier. Let go of the full size trucks in anything that goes over 130-135mph in a 1/4.

Take this race for example... If a 1200hp motor was put in a 4000lbs rig it would make for some good racing.

I think it would be a fun race. It you go with the 5500 min limit you might as well go with a 3.0 charger most of the trucks at that weight are purpose built drag trucks anyway.
If you go with a 2.6 charger you should get the min weight up to 6500 or so that way someone that has a fast street truck might get in and he wont have to cut his truck to pieces to get there. Just put a roll bar and the right safety stuff to go that fast. With a 2.6 charger on fuel your probably going to be running in the 10's with good tuning.
I would keep the entry fees a 500.00 or less I think the last time we did this the fees scared a lot of people off even at 500.00 The big shops can afford it the little guys can't. The more people you get in the bigger the pot! Maybe run two different classes a 2.6 fast street class at 6500 and a 3.0 pro class at 5500

It would be nice if somehow you could use a sealed box charger in either class but I think it would be hard to do with so many people running different set ups . You would have to post a set of rules for the chargers and the guys that finished in the money would have to take the chargers off and have them measured to make sure they speced out.

I think it would be a fun race. It you go with the 5500 min limit you might as well go with a 3.0 charger most of the trucks at that weight are purpose built drag trucks anyway.
If you go with a 2.6 charger you should get the min weight up to 6500 or so that way someone that has a fast street truck might get in and he wont have to cut his truck to pieces to get there. Just put a roll bar and the right safety stuff to go that fast. With a 2.6 charger on fuel your probably going to be running in the 10's with good tuning.
I would keep the entry fees a 500.00 or less I think the last time we did this the fees scared a lot of people off even at 500.00 The big shops can afford it the little guys can't. The more people you get in the bigger the pot! Maybe run two different classes a 2.6 fast street class at 6500 and a 3.0 pro class at 5500

It would be nice if somehow you could use a sealed box charger in either class but I think it would be hard to do with so many people running different set ups . You would have to post a set of rules for the chargers and the guys that finished in the money would have to take the chargers off and have them measured to make sure they speced out.
Adding 1800lbs isn't real possible or safe, at the extreme end. Adding 1000lbs is still a lot of weight to add. I think the 5500 weight limit is a good middle of the road choice.

Adding 1800lbs isn't real possible or safe, at the extreme end. Adding 1000lbs is still a lot of weight to add. I think the 5500 weight limit is a good middle of the road choice.

Thank you. I pulled that number straight outta my ass when I made the post about it. LOL

What I was saying is go with the 5500 but use a 3.0 charger for that class those are going to be pro trucks in that weight. No pro street truck is going to want to throw a 2.6 box charger on , you would have to change all your fueling set up or burn your motor down .

The 2.6 charger would be more for a heavier street class.

Gotcha Sir, as hard as your truck was launching at the Bradenton race you'd have been hard to beat if you didn't have that electrical issue.

Actually a 3.5 S400 frame charger would probably work better then a 3.0 for that 5500 # class

LOL boy we are getting way out there. So there are lots of classes for people to run and they choose not to. Making a one off class that makes sense won't change that imo.

It would be nice if diesel racing would stop trying to accommodate full size truck weights and start pushing lighter chassis.

Save parts and increase safety... not to mention increase consistency.

Seems to me that is our last frontier. Let go of the full size trucks in anything that goes over 130-135mph in a 1/4.

Take this race for example... If a 1200hp motor was put in a 4000lbs rig it would make for some good racing.

:clap:

I think the ODSS is kind of doing that in the Pro Mod class. The max weight is 4400 and I don't think there is a min weight. But it will probably take 100k to get to that weight and be competitive. So there is only a couple of trucks / cars running it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back