What is a good size injector for towing?

02HO4X4

Banned
I am posting this for a friend. He has a 2005 LLY that will be towing a 13k trailer. The current mods are a 5 inch straight pipe, Edge Juice with Attitude, but looking into EFI Live. He found out that his #3 injector is bad. So what would be a good size injector that will still do well with the trailer? Thanks in advance.

What are the rest of his mods? Have a built trans? Stock charger?

For just a tuner and exhaust I would go back with stock stix. They will supply enough fuel for 500hp.

does he have guages in the truck if not he needs them really does pulling a trailer that heavy with even just a tuner if it was me with a stock charger no more than 65hp, like the other guy said stock ones would be able to do 500hp. going with bigger injectors would get this egts higher and the stock charger might not be able to keep everything cool

800 rwhp+ has been made on the stock sticks, by one tuner, not the way I'd do it but its been done. But lots of others are 600+ on stockers. If he has big power plans for the future, he's going to have to tear the motor down again someday anyways before he finds the limit of the stock sticks, I'd wait to get the injectors EDM'ed until he bends a rod, windows the block, or cracks a piston...

Mcrat made 700+ on stock sitcks . i would stick with stock sticks and good tuning that will make you some good power .

Stock. You can make more power on stock injectors than you would want if you want a reliable tow rig. I would do the turbo and studs before I would look into oversized injectors.