what is the best way to get by with a 68rfe

smith075

I'm looking to build my transmission later this year if things go as pland. But i dont like to buy parts that dont work later on so im looking at. ATS co-pilot, H&S trans tune, or BD electronic pressureloc. :kick:

All those can be used with aftermarket transmission options as long as your not boosting pressure in some other way when you get a tranny. i.e. adjusted pressure regulator valve or inline booster stacked with a tune of some sort.

I'm really happy with the H&S OD tune, the shift points are on par and the line pressure increase is just right.

The copilot has allowed the stocker to hold 650 hp. I've got one with the ats built tranny. I wish I would have put the copilot on my stocker, it would have prolonged the life of it.

My Co-Pilot really prolonged the life of my stock transmission. I beat the hell out of that thing and it took it really well. I did finally kill my stock transmission but it was mainly because I was trying to kill it, otherwise it would have lasted as long as I would have liked I'm sure. Now I have a Stage 4 ATS 68 with my Co-Pilot and have been extremely pleased with its performance thus far.

With EFI Live is the Co-Pilot needed? Thinking of getting a 2010+ as my next truck.

With EFI Live is the Co-Pilot needed? Thinking of getting a 2010+ as my next truck.
At the moment the EfiLive software does not include any transmission. I believe they said it would be a pretty good little while before that is supported.

OD from H&S is a huge improvement from stock but... I'm tired of the rough violent shift points at certain rpm's. I'm sure it has alot to do with the mini maxx programming to.

I am getting rid of both.. We'll see

The guys at H&S really talk up their OD program.....He said the stocker 68RFE would hold 500Plus to the ground safely (didnt mention how long though). Ive thought about getting a full Suncoast, but dont want to part with that much cheddar just yet..I would rather get the 68 to last for awhile. Anyone know if the 68 can hold to pullin a sled (not competitive, just local fairs and stuff for fun)?

Thank you guys for all the input. I'm getting the copilot to run with new trans

The guys at H&S really talk up their OD program.....He said the stocker 68RFE would hold 500Plus to the ground safely (didnt mention how long though). Ive thought about getting a full Suncoast, but dont want to part with that much cheddar just yet..I would rather get the 68 to last for awhile. Anyone know if the 68 can hold to pullin a sled (not competitive, just local fairs and stuff for fun)?

If you stay in four low and don't go higher than 3rd you should be ok. What are your mods?

My bud has a 07.5 with 45 hooks onit and pulls gooseneck regularly without a hickup yet. He has And Edge with hot unlock and drives it like he stole it. But like said 4lo and locked into manual 3 and the truck gets 280ish ft just about everytime.

Who build a bullet proof 68 or 66? Or is better to use a 48???

Who build a bullet proof 68 or 66? Or is better to use a 48???

I just scored a core 47re I'm picking up at Texas Diesel Nationals.

On another note. I have the stock 68rfe. Other than dropping the pan every year and changing fluid I've done nothing to it. I have 140k plus miles on it. 70 passes at the drag strip last year. Probably 30 passes to 120mph this year testing EFI and torque settings.. I've ran smarty, H&S, and now thankfully efi live.... I do have the H&S od tuning on there. I would like to give H&S prop's on that as its a huge improvement.

Can't tell you why mine is holding.. But hopefully she holds long enough to for a full all she's got pass at the track (15psi launch) and then the bracket race, then dyno, then pulling a customers mega cab back to amarillo. I'm not easy on it. Tow monthly, race weekly.... Guess mine was built on a wed... LOL

My stocker must have been built on a Monday after a long drunk weekend then. It only lasted 37000 miles with stock tuning.

Reason I ask is Ive seen plenty of em fail on stock or mildly tuned trucks and some last thru anything. I don't wanna put my money in building a junk Trans from the beginning. Kind if like the Allison's in the dmax. I'd put a 48 behind a Dmax any day. Kinda thinking I will do that on my next truck that's a 2010 when I blow the Trans out of it later down the road.

Back