What is the bore spacing of the 5.9 block?

Moulder

I have only been able to find one place that mentions the bore spacing of a cummins block and it gave a measurement of 6.25. Is that correct? It sounds a little big to me. Also does anyone have the measurements for rod length, piston compression height, wrist pin dia, and cylinder lenght? Also does anyone know of a source of this kind of information for other diesel engines for comparision?

the Bore spacing is 4.750 the pin is 1.570, the compression height is 2.810 for the 5.9 the 6.7 compression height is 2.730 . The rod on both is 7.570

what more do you want to know

Ive got a few engines laying around and I'm just getting ideas on which one I want to modify. I would love to make one of them (05 common rail cummins, and 95 7.3 powerstroke) into a big cubic inch engine. The cummins has rear mounted gear train so basicly only the block and head would be reused. If I picked it I would keep it a common rail and maybe use a zeus ecm. I aready have a bosch 8 cylinder p-pump, gear set, and timing cover for the 7.3 motor. I would love to do billet head(s) for either engine. Something along the lines of this:

http://www.cferacing.com/?pid=products&id=H67

I think I have also located an OEM wet sleeve that would let me put run a 4.600 bore in the 7.3. That with a 4.750 stroke would make a nice little motor. A billet head for a common rail Cummins might be a little hard to make, and have nice ports with the internal fuel lines and return. I'm just throwing ideas out there to see what ideas come back. I always thought a diesel moutain motor would be neat. Everyone for the most part always just wants to cram more and more fuel and boost in a stock displacement engine. You would also have to have better flowing heads to take advantage of the extra cubic inches though. I guess one way to look at it is IHRA pro-stock vs. NHRA pro-stock.

I would not use a p pump on the 7.3 but use the ECD16 computer off the Dmax,

the block to use is a 6.7 bolck for the bore 4.22 and you can go to a 4.310 bore easly . this allows airflow , but I would not stroke it , you can't feed the engine with the heads now.

I had thought about doing a common rail powerstroke but I already have the p-pump stuff. Having the tunability with EFI live would be awesome. It's funny you mention 6.7 because i have one of those as well but it is going in the 550 sometime, and then it's goodbye to the Dodge I have (ive got too many trucks and need to get rid of some stuff). I know there is already one common rail 7.3 in the works. What are the rpm limits with this Duramax ECM?