What is the Pressure of the Fuel Return on CR? / Other Questions

Convicted1

Hey all....

Once again I come to you guys for your expertice...

I'm doing a custom tubular stainless steel intake manifold on my truck and as such I'm having to figure out where to mount the rail and the fuel line routing and such.

Couple Questions -

1) I'm running a rail return cap. Can I cut the line off the banjo section where it goes up from the filter housing (supposing it was actually there still) and weld or braze that shut without issue?

Leaving the Return out of the CP3 to meet the return from the back of the head and going to the fitting that returns to the tank... Basically taking the rail out of the Return loop.

Here's a drawing I threw together... Maybe it'll help visualise what I'm after.

ReturnSystemFuel.jpg

2) What kind of pressure is in that return line? I can't see it being alot because there is a section of rubber hose just after it leaves the injection pump.

3) Has anybody tried plumbing all this in AN? I'm thinking it could be done pretty easily... If the correct Banjos could be found.

Help me out once again guys! I promise someday I'll return the favor! LOL

Thanks!

-David

my returns is made from the metal line out of the back of the head then goes to fass blue fuel line that come's around the block to the return line from the pump thats fass blue fuel line that ties in to the return on the frame rail.

my returns is made from the metal line out of the back of the head then goes to fass blue fuel line that come's around the block to the return line from the pump thats fass blue fuel line that ties in to the return on the frame rail.

I was thinking about doing something like that as well...

So basically what you did was take the hardline out of the CP3 where it goes into rubber, put a piece of parker hose on there..

Cut off the second banjo in the return line from the back of the head.... Like where it connects to the back of the filter housing...

Put the two together...

Then cut the blue parker hose and put a T in it to go into the factory return line?

You can plum it all with hydraulic fittings I think the thread in the head is metric 12mmx 1.5 or 1.25 to a jic male -6 thats what I used on my truck there should be less than 10 psi in that line as it feeds right back to tank.

Malcolm

X2 on the rail cap being a bad idea. Also remember that the fitting on the back of the head is not just a banjo fitting. It maintains fuel pressure in the head on the return side. If you take a look at the bolt you will see it's not just a hollow banjo bolt.

Paul

That's right - got the check valve internals listed around here somewhere.

Yeah... I noticed the banjo bolt wasn't just a banjo bolt.

As for the Rail Cap... I'll take my chances.

I'm not gonna play the retarded games with the PRV...

If the computer commands 23K... I want 23K... Not 14K because of a retarded valve being messed up.

Once the longevity of the new adjustable valves is figured out... I may consider going back to a PRV... But for now, I'll take my chances.

Theres ALOT of guys running the caps... Of course some will have problems, but I suspect there are MANY more that aren't having problems.

I dont have a PRV on my engine anymore or a restriced fitting on the back of head. I have not noticed any ill effects. But then again it is a race truck not a daily driver....

Does one think i might loose hp with out a restricted return fitting?

Malcolm

i capped the rail and took that line off as well just get another banjo bolt that doesnt have the top hole in it just front to back and put that on with the return from the cp3 and you r good to go done deal. hope this helps

Then again... That probably wouldn't work on the back of the head since the banjo mounts to a flat surface.

No room for the female on the hose to screw onto the Male of the Banjo.

I've been planning on doing this very thing on my wife's truck....But I cant find the right size banjo fitting for the back of the head. Also check out hellmans fuel distribution block.. NICE!!!!