What is the Tallest Drag Radial Available?

imelmo

Go away, I'm 'batin'!
What is the tallest drag radial available for a 17" or larger wheel? So far all I can find is a 30" but I thought I heard of people running taller ones.

Be careful of too much sidewAll. I'm sure YOU know tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Proxes are about the best I can find. 295/45R20's (30.5" tall)

I sure thought I saw some 31" before but I guess not

Only thing I could find taller than 30" in an actual drag radial was the Hoosier drag radials 325/45r18 they are 30.2 and cheaper than the M&H tires. I didn't want to swap my brakes out or grind them to be able to run 16" rims.

Only thing I could find taller than 30" in an actual drag radial was the Hoosier drag radials 325/45r18 they are 30.2 and cheaper than the M&H tires. I didn't want to swap my brakes out or grind them to be able to run 16" rims.

Thanks, I'll check those out.

Im almost positive i found some 33x15.5r17on summit racing awhile back

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I am pretty sure the Hoosier 325/45/18 DR are as big as they get , I
I was running the Nitto NT05Rs before the Hoosiers came out . I now run the Hoosiers .

What is wrong with too much sidewall ? We talking drag racing or road course racing . To my knowledge the more sidewall the better it's gonna wrinkle and sling shot you out of there . The shorter the sidewall the easier it is to spin out of the hole due to no deflection/wrinkle in the sidewall

M &h had a 33/15.50-16LT... It's a slick with tread, not a drag radial though. In the street/strip section.

Where did you find those? I cant find anything decent for 16's from them

What is wrong with too much sidewall ? We talking drag racing or road course racing . To my knowledge the more sidewall the better it's gonna wrinkle and sling shot you out of there . The shorter the sidewall the easier it is to spin out of the hole due to no deflection/wrinkle in the sidewall

I would imagine they are talking about 4wd stuff not being stable on the top end

As far as the stability - seems like a lot of trucks run 30" tall tires on 16" wheels . When I was at the World Nationals I believe I saw a Dodge with 15" wheels and 30" or so DRs . Might be more of an issue with slicks due to the thinner side walls .

420's dont hook real well though. And you can go with a 305/50R20 and get the same height but a lighter setup ans a little more sidewall to flex if your not wanting an actual slick

There are quite a few guys i know cutting 1.6 60' on 420s. I haven't been able to find the 33/15.50/16 racemasters in stock anywhere

I've cut 1.62 - 1.66 with my 420's, don't think they will hook enough for 1.5's, maybe with a regular cab truck they might. :Cheer: