What kind of RPM you guys making

CL2000

I have had issues getting RPM out of my truck as a few others have too. I have tried 4 0r 5 sets of injectors and a 2 pumps.I make great power but no matter how i put the timing I cant get good rpm out of the truck. The power falls off hard about 3200. My pop off is about 4000 now and they run the best out of all the sets I have tried. Any buddy raise the pop off? a few shops said to up it to 4500psi.any other ideas? I have 40psi at wot

Free rev it and see how far it goes, sence I got my timing going foward now instead of backwards it pulls past 4k, free revs are 5k but loaded is around 4500 or less thats were I like to keep it . I done 2 extra clicks on the GSK

I dont think the pop will have much affect if any , I went up 500 on mine and timing didnt change , now for usesn a big hole injector may help to atomize

Ill text u that one :)

Rods...let me know what you found out too if its working.

I can go a little over 5k free rev, and its turned as high as 4600 on a loose track. This is a bench tuned pump, DDP injectors, and 27* timing.

There you guys go again with the ......

Attachments

• ssquirrel.jpg
    ssquirrel.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 203
Ron did you get the dvs?

TJ when I had ddps in my truck it didnt make chit for power from 2500 up even with 30*

Why do you think its the pump? I know someone that put a Columbus diesel 12mm 215 pump on and still has the same problem

what lines and crossovers are being used? if injectors dont fix it, and you are saying a new pump wont fix it, then whats holding the fueling back and not letting the rpms climb?

something is a restriction there. and its not the fast of it being a 24v head

Well I'm hopeful I can make a pass at scheids , and let u know this will b the first time out with the timing like it is , for the past 4 months I have been going backwards on my timing usen the balancer and tape thats the reason it would cut out cause the timing was so low like way low anyways I got this other charger and it takes alot to spool it so I dont think that it willl do much but I'll take my other one just in case

A Timing light saved my life on this one , local diesel guy here hated them I talked him into getting one now he loves it , Ppump 24v needs to b set usen a light IMO from what I have dealt with to a certain point were other options arnt available

Tj I'm still using stock tubes going to try and drill a set out. What's your fuel presure at?

glad you got your issues figured out Rods!

a timing light reveals alot...

I'm at a higher pop pressure but I bumped my timing up to 34 degrees to account for it. 4500+ free rev, 4500 on the track

Well I'm hopeful I can make a pass at scheids , and let u know this will b the first time out with the timing like it is , for the past 4 months I have been going backwards on my timing usen the balancer and tape thats the reason it would cut out cause the timing was so low like way low anyways I got this other charger and it takes alot to spool it so I dont think that it willl do much but I'll take my other one just in case

A Timing light saved my life on this one , local diesel guy here hated them I talked him into getting one now he loves it , Ppump 24v needs to b set usen a light IMO from what I have dealt with to a certain point were other options arnt available

AH HA... Good to hear.

Well I still had an issue that occurred Thursday and I had to put a stock AFC cover on I just blocked off the boost port and thats it , well friday rain out and Saturday it would not come out RPMS would fall so today I took KXhonda (Eric) for a ride on the back roads and it felt good and RPMS would stay 0ver 4000 doing 3rd gear burn out we both thought it should have ran good . Well I got home took it down the road again and watched the smoke and it cleared some so I looked at the FP gauge it never moved , it usually falls from 60 to 30 so I'm thinking that the stock AFC arm is holding me back and never got it to fuel and my boost is almost 20lbs short of were it was , I have to fix another cover tomorrow and see what happens . Usually I run a gutted AFC but the cover cracked on me

That sucks...

I pulled on a very sticky track last night in MO (stanberry) and it pulled it down to 3500 and then gained from there. So for the 2.8 class I bumped the timing from 33.5 to 36 and it actually gained 200 rpms free rev off the line (didn't think timing played a role in max rpms only gov springs?) and seemed to gain more rpms back on the second run.

I'm thinking of trying a few more degrees for my last pull of the year, but my clutch is hating me. It took about 2 to 3 seconds for the clutch to grip after I let it out...:bang

I think the clutch doing that is helpful for more RPMS to a point u want a littl slippage but there is a fine line, Last year I had a few good hooks with my old gears big tire combo it wouldn't fall no more than 200 RPMS well b4 the clutch went out I made a very good pull came back cause they reset the sled and about halfway the clutch went out so thats one thing I'm fighting too is the clutch I changed disk this year and there really grabby wont slip so I'm trying to find out how many weights to run and still have a little slippage . I got 2 things going on at once

My timing is at 30 right now and was running around 3700ndown the track at Scheids. Was extremely happy with it, ended up 9th place.

When my clutch started letting out late I was having a horrible time with it bouncing. Now with the new clutch I haven't had one bounce out of it.

Back