what lift pump would be the best

saw6f4

i have a 2000 dodge cummins with a 90 hp hypertec programmer 4" exaust and a after market air filter. i am worried that the lift pump may not be keeping up because when i get on it hard it some times losses power for a instant but then goes back to normal. also while pulling a load "8000 lb" i get only 12 mpg and advise would be nice

Do you have a f/p gauge, if not get one quick. There are a lot of different pumps that will work. I have a FASS and it works great, there are a whole bunch out there that will work. Just get a gauge so you know where you are at. If it is below 10 psi at WOT you need to take care of it soon before you kill the I/P

how hard is i to install a gauge and is there a cheap route to go on the pump that will do the trick

Last edited:
It is easy to put in. And you can buy a relocation kit and move the stocker back near the tank if it is still good, that will keep you for a while. I would take it easy until you find out what kind of pressure you have, I would just leave the programmer off until you get the gauge in. You do not want to kill the I/P, they are expensive.

would any old fuel pressure gage work or do i have to get one specifically for my truck

Any will work, most tap into one of the fittings on top of the fuel filter housing.

With the truck off, turn the key and tap the starter for a second but dont start it. You should here the lift pump run if it still works.

It is easy to put in. And you can buy a relocation kit and move the stocker back near the tank if it is still good, that will keep you for a while. I would take it easy until you find out what kind of pressure you have, I would just leave the programmer off until you get the gauge in. You do not want to kill the I/P, they are expensive.

I agree, the larger lines and fittings will keep the pressure from dropping. Relocation makes the pumps much easier to swap if there is an issue too.

If you plan on keeping the truck for a while, do yourself a favor and get an AirDog or FASS.

If money is tight like it is for alot of us. Probably by now for most of us. The Raptor pump can be bought for under $400. That has a lifetime warranty and comes with everything you will need to install it. Let me know if I can help. Hate to see you lose and injection pump.

i taped the starter for a second and could hear the pump running but i took the line loose right befor the filter and could not get any fuel out of it while doing so ,i dont know if i made it lose prime or what i figured if the pump is running it should be still good or is this not always the case

i just got the truck started and let it idle for about 5 min with a gage installed before the filter but after the lift pump. and got no pressure but the pump was running the whole time

i just got the truck started and let it idle for about 5 min with a gage installed before the filter but after the lift pump. and got no pressure but the pump was running the whole time

You need a new pump my friend!!

does the raptor pump use the stock fuel filter or do would i have to find a new fliter to put in its place

never mind i found installation instructions on line for it and it uses the stock filter

would it be better if i got the 100 gph or the 150 gph raptor pump cause the cost is about the same so i figured id go with the bigger one but if there is a reason not like too much fuel or pressure i won't , any suggestions?

It has an adjustable regulator. Either pump will work just fine. The 150 comes with a bit more noise to it being a higher RPM motor than the 100. Other than that they are the exact same. You will not need the 150 but it also will not hurt you to run it.