what new for 6.0 in the last few years?

rshrubber

been out of the loop for the last coupla years. i still have my truck, but havent done anything to it. whats new? i see dj isn't in business anymore? what are the tunes to have these days. any new fixes for egr problems? any new must have parts? just trying to decide what to do with the truck. maybe some new parts, maybe i will just sell it. thanks for any info

Man that's an awesome time on the looney tune. Were you using nitrous also?

no, just exactly whats in the sig. there is a vid of the run, somewhere, that vivian posted when i ran it. the truck has run a 13.6 on djs street tune.

Most are using Eric at Innovative Diesel for tunes now. Full EGR delete kits are the way to go for EGR issues. PureFlow Technologies is working on a fuel/air seperator (AirDog II) which is a stand alone system w/ a regulated/adjustable pump. Dieselsite.com is working on an aftermarket HPOP. As far as must have? Well that depends on who ya ask. :)

so the fuel/air separator is combined with a regulated return system?

i see that compounds didn't take off very well....too many other issues?

any increased interest in propane since the high cost of diesel last year?

One of the bigger/newer things for you would probably be the FICM tuning, both PHP and Innovative are doing this now.

Shawn Ellerton broke 1,000hp at the wheels a few weeks back with 1,004HP on Innovatives dyno. :rockwoot:

Trusted Performance is making some pretty good fuel kits, and fuel/oil filter relocation kits to add to the choices on the market currently. Also working on making "marketable" compounds.

For the "latest and greatest" in 6.0L tech and parts you should probably check out Dalpilot's Deranged build.

yeah, i was following dalpilots build for a while. has it made any passes yet?

i just googled the ficm reprogramming. seems to be no before and after numbers for any of the claims, at least that i have found. and i have no issues with throttle response on my truck.

spartan has a new programmer that will do the ecm, tranny and ficm?

Last edited:
trusted performance, has some pretty interesting stuff going on. oil filter/fuel bowl delete, stg 1,2&3, and their new line of chargers. ficm tuning seems to be pretty sweet from eric, street and race but race is only recommended for trucks with injectors.

Actually race FICM is only recommended for trucks that have larger than 200cc injectors eric told me. When i got mine done eric said to get his mild version FICM with my casserly 190's. He said that the race versioin with my casserly 190's would make my truck start horrible. I believe dalpilot had eric's race version with his casserly 190's and he said that the truck didn't want to start very well, but it did run good.

Back