What next???

farmboy99

I am new to this forum. I have had my early 99 for about a year and about two mounths ago i lost my idm sensor then i got my truck back not even a week later i lost my tranny. So i decided to go with a tranny from Brain and i called tony today to get my chip, I also have a 5 inch exhaust and the gauges. the question is what should i do next to get some more power out of my truck?

Now how much can i do before i have to i have to start worring about the component on the inside of my engine...

I should be fine even in the 500's except for headstuds and a few other little things I think. You should have the forged rods. I'm sure someone more educated on the PSD then me will chime in.

you should have the forged not pmr rods i think 2000 maybe a few 01's had the forged. pretty sure they phased them out in the2001 year but dont know if any of the 01's had them i know up to 2000.

Your early99 has forged rods. Some say up to 500 others say up to 600.

A copy of rod info on the DI website:
"Late model 7.3L Power Strokes (2001 - 2003) came from the factory with what are commonly called Powdered Metal connecting rods. These rods are manufactured using a different process than traditional forged rods, and are not as strong. The factory PM rods have been known to break with over 400 rear wheel horsepower. If you want to safely go above this power level, you need to upgrade to forged rods. Forged connecting rods will allow you to go over 600hp without breaking parts. "

Those are not my words. I just copied and pasted them. But, I am trusting it for my truck. Mid 500's is what I am shooting for.

Keep Strokin'