What oil are you using!

BAF250

Lead - Follow- or Move !!
I used Rotella 5-40 syn in my 03, because I could get it cheat @ walmart.
What other oils are easy to get, and good.

BA

i use the same oil but we had this decussion the other day i'm going to give mobile 1 5w40 a try it came recommanded or to stay with a convention oil try mobile delvac

15W-40 SCHAFFERS 7000 until the next oil change. then it will be 9000 in a 5W-40.

Valvoline Premium Blue Extreme Synthetic 5w40 for 2 oil changes. Bout to do a third oil change.

Royal Purple here! Love it and won't use anything else.

I usually change my around 12 to 18 thousand miles. Unless I have an oil leak. Then it is like every couple of days I need to about 6 to 12 quarts. (Glad I got that fixed!)

Amsoil W/ Amsoil filters every 10k miles and sending samples in every 50k miles. 160k w/ programer and running strong @ 14-17 mpg

Amsoil 5W30 with Donaldson oil filter and getting ready to install the Amsoil bypass filter system.:Cheer:

I've regularly run Amsoil with the Amsoil filters... but at $150 just for the oil and filter, I've started looking elsewhere. I've started using the Rotella oil now. I know I've read some reports and talked to a lot of small engine builders (for Honda TRX450R motors) that say Rotella is the single best oil you can buy as far as shear factor goes. They use the Rotella in those motors, and they are running 11K rpms HARD all the time.

I've regularly run Amsoil with the Amsoil filters... but at $150 just for the oil and filter, I've started looking elsewhere. I've started using the Rotella oil now. I know I've read some reports and talked to a lot of small engine builders (for Honda TRX450R motors) that say Rotella is the single best oil you can buy as far as shear factor goes. They use the Rotella in those motors, and they are running 11K rpms HARD all the time.
A budy of mine works for a shell jobber and said that the new blend Rotella 15W40 is having some issues. Mobil 1 is good but they do not carry a warrenty on their oil if run past the recomended change interval. Amsoil gave me a garrentee in writing that if my oil analsis is good and my engine fails due to lubrication issues. They will pick up the tab. I was told by several guys with 6.0 that said their oil analsis was still good at 15k when they changed their oil. So you save $ because you skip 2 oil changes. If you run a bypass filter, you can extend the oil change even further if the oil analisis comes back good. I would us the Amsoil oil analisis because if they say you are good and you have a failure, THEY PAY FOR IT. I am not a dealer, i'm retired and don't want to screw with it or have to take my trk in for oil changes every 5k mi since my wife and I live in our 5er and I have no place to work on my trk anymore. :Cheer:

A budy of mine works for a shell jobber and said that the new blend Rotella 15W40 is having some issues. Mobil 1 is good but they do not carry a warrenty on their oil if run past the recomended change interval. Amsoil gave me a garrentee in writing that if my oil analsis is good and my engine fails due to lubrication issues. They will pick up the tab. I was told by several guys with 6.0 that said their oil analsis was still good at 15k when they changed their oil. So you save $ because you skip 2 oil changes. If you run a bypass filter, you can extend the oil change even further if the oil analisis comes back good. I would us the Amsoil oil analisis because if they say you are good and you have a failure, THEY PAY FOR IT. I am not a dealer, i'm retired and don't want to screw with it or have to take my trk in for oil changes every 5k mi since my wife and I live in our 5er and I have no place to work on my trk anymore. :Cheer:

Agreed, and that is originally why I started using Amsoil. But on top of paying $150 for the oil and filter, I was paying ~$30 every time I wanted an analysis done. So now if you go to 15k miles I've got the $150 in materials and $90 in analysis... just didnt' add up for me. Plus after working on single cylinder high performance engines most of my life, I was just not a fan of running my oil for 15k miles or more in my truck. Especially in a motor that fires the injectors off of that oil... just being paranoid I guess.

Back