what oil to run in the 6.0

klinker010

whats the best motor oil to run in my 6.0, im currently running rotella 5 w 40 synthetic. i heard it help the injectors from sticking? is this true? some input please... thanks

I myself run Amsoil 0W - 40 Severe Duty oil.....there is so many philosophy's on oil in these things, its really hard to tell. I have had good luck with that.

Valvoline 5w 40 is very popular. I use Royal Purple 15w40 my mind won't let me do 5w40.

I run 5w40 Valvoline premium blue extreme or Mobil. Both are a vast improvement in cold starting up here in O Canada.

dam i was gona say u guys most be in some cold climates. here in CA strictly delo 400 15w 40 cant go wrong

Delo is almost as bad as Rotella in these trucks. Can anyone say "stuck spool valves". Money no object Amsoil, or Schaeffers. Budget based choice Valvoline Extreme Blue. Royal Purple did very poorly in 2 oil analysis I had done, esp. for the $$$ they want for that crap.

My boyfriend and I both run Schaeffers 9000 in our trucks. I was running Amsoil, and he convinced to try Schaeffers and I won't ever go back. My 04 runs and idles smoother and I actually saw a slight fuel mileage increase. We run just the Motorcraft filters.

When I did the first oil change on my truck ('03 6.0), beleive it or not I picked up nearly 2 mpg with the addition of the Amsoil at 8k.....Might have been combination of motor breaking in also, but it was an instant difference in the first tank of fuel. I run Amsoil in all my stuff, Pulling tractors, RZR, Snomobile, etc. $.02

What's everyone think about motorcraft oil? Only thing I've Been using... Figure you can go wrong with oem oil if you keep up on the intervals

I use to run delo in my truck, but i switched to motorcraft oil alot cheaper. and in the winter I run Valvoline 5w40.
All our work trucks run delo 400 and never had a problem.

What's everyone think about motorcraft oil? Only thing I've Been using... Figure you can go wrong with oem oil if you keep up on the intervals

If your not going to run Synthetic, run Motorcraft.