What parts are needed to use EFI Live?

1stgensleeper

Hey guys,
I've been tossing the idea around of putting a 5.9/6.7 CR motor in my firstgen and found an '06 motor locally that ran great when removed but had excessive blow by. It has 172,000 miles on it and I'm guessing it's a cracked ring causing that issue.

Anyway it includes the injection pump but no ECM, wiring harness, injector harness or injectors. I've heard currently EFI Live is only available for 2006 and up models even though 04.5-06's are the "same". So what parts do I NEED to be from an '06 in order to run EFI Live with this swap? I can find all the parts that I need to complete the swap but not all from an '06. Do I just need the ECM? Or do I need everything including injectors?

I appreciate any help. I know a lot about 12 valves but am very new to CR's.

Thanks,
Jared

Ultimately, you'll be needing the key components that's not coming with the truck, like the harness' and ECM.

Also, when is EFI Live coming out for 03-04 and 04.5-05 trucks? If it won't be too long then I'd rather take that path and get an 03-04.

I would sooner say at this point if you really want EFI Live, source all you're harnesses and ecm.
If you are unfamiliar with the latest in tuning software for CR's, take a look at the newer Smarty UDC software that has been released. From my understanding it's not near the software EFI is, but it seems to be one of the best answers for us 03-05 CR owners who want to create custom tunes.
We have all been waiting a while for EFI Live to cover the SCI trucks.

I would sooner say at this point if you really want EFI Live, source all you're harnesses and ecm.
If you are unfamiliar with the latest in tuning software for CR's, take a look at the newer Smarty UDC software that has been released. From my understanding it's not near the software EFI is, but it seems to be one of the best answers for us 03-05 CR owners who want to create custom tunes.
We have all been waiting a while for EFI Live to cover the SCI trucks.

That's what I think I'm going to have to do. It look like Mark Nixon has what I need and I can wire up what I'll need in the truck.

It's off topic, but can anyone suggest to me what to do for injectors? I'm looking for 700-800hp on fuel with dual stock pumps and efi live. I'm wondering if it's better to buy a core set and send them out to a company like exergy or just buy a set already gone through and modified?

By a new set of 100% over's from Exergy for your 800HP goal, its better to run a larger injector with less pulse width then a smaller injector and pulse stretched to the max.

Lavon

Do they not realize how strong the demand is for it? It seems weird that they keep "putting it off" I guess you can say.

My theory is that it's harder for them to set-up SCI than the CAN BUS was, but then again, that's just my theory.
We all know that people (companies) always go for the path of least resistance and apparently they found it in the '06-up system(s).

There are 3-4 times the available trucks and hardware for 2003-2005, yet they go with a (technically) only 1-1/2 year platform to base their system off, when they know there's a wider audience for the earlier system, which leads me to conclude that the earlier system is harder for them to get right.

Path of least resistance= a better bottom line, quicker.

Mark.

Back