what performance bolt ons?

josho5859

Keeping it straight
i Have an 03 f350 cc 6.0. now the truck is a dump truck and tows a 14ft enclosed trailer with landscape equipment. Im only gettin about 7mpg on it and want both more power and fuel economy. I already have a k&n cold air intake on it what else do u recomend for bolt ons? wat chip is the most bang for the buck? and are there any good boost foolers or waste gates for the 6.0? let me no wat you guys think? it is a work truck so im not interested in dumpin more than 1000 in performace. any good ideas?
thanks josh

get a turbo back exhaust a set of guages and sct with custom tunes. Check out Doug fro gogo.

Probably a good idea to get rid of that K&N kit and go back to stock, or one of the other well respected air intakes, the K&N's are pretty well known to let alot more junk in then most. I second what fordfan30 said, some gauges to monitor the goods, descent exhaust of your preference, and a SCT with a couple tunes from one of the tuners of your choice.

What he said. That will probally give you the most bang for your buck. Just my $.02$.02

Exhaust, SCT and when is the last time you changed your fuel filters? 7mpg is real bad..I get no less then 10 and that's pulling a trailer and with 22's.

Like said above get rid of the K&N and either go back stock or go AirRaid or S&B

How about use the vendors here...You can piece together your own kit, or use varying vendors to get a complete package deal...Doug @ GOGO or Eric with Innovative...

Definitly get on changing your fuel filters ASAP. They are pretty crutial to the health of your injectors, and from personal experience, can account for a bit of milage and overall performance. I got around 11mpg pulling 8000 pounds, and around 8-9 pulling 12000, but thats 3.73's with 37's.

ya that will be my weekend project haha. thanks for the help...And heinz thats a good idea ill have to contact them i just saw that kit browsing thought it might be somehting interesting

Back