What permits needed?

D Twigg

Starting to understand
In a couple weeks I'm going to be towing a 10ft by 18ft shed back from the South Boston, Virginia area to Denton, Md and as the title says I'm woundering what permits I'm going to need and how I have to go about getting them. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks Twigg

In Va if its not farm related you will need a wide load permit I believe. Your best bet is to call a company that sells the medium size buildings and delivers them. They would know all the rules and regulations on transporting a building of this size but you will have to do it in every state you go through and your state is the worse by far for hauling anything

Do not quote me on this one, but under 12' i think you just need a wide load sign, no permit needed.

You might be right Travis. I couldnt remeber if it was 10 or 12 feet wide you had to have the permit if it wasnt Ag related.

I know when I worked for the storage building builder all of our buildings were under 12' so that they would not have to get a permit, but this was in Illinois, not sure if it is the same out here or not.

contact each states dot office and they can answer your questions. I do it everytime i need to move anything i think will need a permit..

Not sure in Virginia but in most states you have to have a D.O.T. Account with an insurance bond issued to each state you pull thru. They will require a commerical drivers license to get a permit or pull anything over 8'6" wide. Some states will allow 9' but like said before call the dot office in your area. Save yourself a hefty fines and tow job. Good luck