What pump is this?

ashby

So I found a donor motor for my ppump swap for $200 bucks and I need to know what the pump is that is on it..

Side plate numbers:
9 400 030 720

Back plate
RSV475w1250A0C833R
392 8595

The letter W in bold is what I think it said.. There was a scratch through it so I couldn't really tell what it said but I think it was a W..

Thanks

i r spellar

RSV.....that leads me to think its an AG pump real quick.

Cant use it on an on-road engine.

well, the engine looks like an ag engine, it has an aftercooler and things like that..

What will make it so I can't use it on the street?

Can I still use the parts off of it? Such as the gear housing, pump gear, brackets, etc. etc.?

It's an american made Ag Pump...still Bosch, just US made instead of German.

The ag (RSV) governor is designed for a less variable rpm application (tractor, dozer, etc). it will not react the way an RQV will on the street and fueling control is much much less...comparable to running an RQV gov with no plate and the afc slid all the way forward...much more crude basically.

I'll check the pump number at work tomorrow...as long as the pump has the large nose cam and large mounting pilot you can use the gear/housing.

ok. well ill have to get some pics tomorrow. thought i had a few in my phone but guess not.

The ag (RSV) governor is designed for a less variable rpm application (tractor, dozer, etc). it will not react the way an RQV will on the street and fueling control is much much less...comparable to running an RQV gov with no plate and the afc slid all the way forward...much more crude basically.

I'll check the pump number at work tomorrow...as long as the pump has the large nose cam and large mounting pilot you can use the gear/housing.
Thanks man that would be great!

I hope I can use those parts or I'm back at having no parts. (damn)

Thanks man that would be great!

I hope I can use those parts or I'm back at having no parts. (damn)

$200.. I think you're still doing OK.. haha.. I don't think you'll have a problem trading or swapping with someone, building a puller..
If the mounting & the gear are the same.. you can built it, and try the pump, and switch it later..

yeah.. this one has an air compressor where the vacuum pump would be.. I think it has the same hole and everything though...

And to add to this.. RSV governor is a variable speed governor. You push the throttle to half of it's travel and you get half of the governed rpm.

A limiting governor RQV will still achieve redline at way less than 100% throttle.

Like driving my truck.

No.

Not like sitting in a truck on blocks making motor noises with your mouthLOL

Would the pump work (have relatively normal street manners) with a diferent governor? Or would it make more sense (money wise) to just get a pump with a RQV govrner to start with? (Just curious if there are other diferences like cam profile or something else that's not easily changable)

No.

Not like sitting in a truck on blocks making motor noises with your mouthLOL

His truck still has wheels/tires on it! At least I think it does...lol

Would the pump work (have relatively normal street manners) with a diferent governor? Or would it make more sense (money wise) to just get a pump with a RQV govrner to start with? (Just curious if there are other diferences like cam profile or something else that's not easily changable)

The pump itself would work fine, the governor swap would fix the streetability problems. However, it would probably be advantageous to sell that pump to someone wanting to build an open rpm RSV puller pump (truck or tractor). Most of the ag cam profiles are liek the "D-Shape" in the 175 hp pumps on our trucks...

EDIT: That pump is an A pump, not P-Pump so it won't work at all...as well as the gear, housing, brakcet, etc are all different

Last edited:
Back