What timing to run???

JFlagg

Gun for Hire
OK, I am hopefully going to stick the motor back in tomorrow, or maybe wed. I got the pump gear on and timed today and the cover on, but am having second thoughts on the timing. I have it set at stock right now(11-12*) and since I still have the motor out, I think I want to reset it again while its easy to get to. My question is, what should I run? My mods are Fass 200, 180 pump with 5kgsk and 0 plate, AFC tweeked, (but not sure how much since I didn't do the work), 7x12 24V injectors, Hamilton springs, Maxspool 2.5++ cam, ATI dampner and s465. Its mostly a puller that I may drive on the weekends here and there. I'm thinking a happy medium would be 20-22*? Whats everyone's thoughts?

Im at 20 on the pump with ddps 175s, and 024s and im just outside the bowl. It really depends on injector pop off and spray pattern. I know when I put the 024s in it bumped the timming up and also the ddps did due to pop off pressure. I would start at 18 and go from there. 15 was no where enough with 181s. Ill put a light on my truck and see what its at but it sounds like more than my brothers 12v at 25.

Im at 20 on the pump with ddps 175s, and 024s and im just outside the bowl. It really depends on injector pop off and spray pattern. I know when I put the 024s in it bumped the timming up and also the ddps did due to pop off pressure. I would start at 18 and go from there. 15 was no where enough with 181s. Ill put a light on my truck and see what its at but it sounds like more than my brothers 12v at 25.

How did the 024's work for you?

Good but they idle ruff. It picked timming from 181s not sure how much but ill check with a light tonight when I switch them back