What to do first???

Turbo_69

Well fellas need some advice, eventually I would like to have a 600-650rwhp fuel only daily driver. I know there are bias opinions out there about havin a streetable/usable high horsepower truck but I think it could be done. I tow 10-15k on very very seldom occasions but Im workin with an 04.5, it has a PPE/Dr.P pred stack and goerend full built tranny, other than she is bone stock. I dont have the finances to do everything at once so out of an airdog, arson III, 90hp tips, and twins what would yall address first. BTW im leaning towards the stocker over s400 kit from wicked, shane said it would be an efficient setup for street/strip and occasional towing. Im layin down 502rwhp with the little death gauge showing 1350-1400 on a 1/4 mile pull with 42lbs of boost. I know how tempermental the cr is on melting pistons and overfueling causing heat so I dont want to be in that boat. I have noticed lately when letting of at about 30 or so, the exhaust kinda has a puff..puff...puff sound to it until i come to a stop???? I kinda think the injectors are hanging or the rail is being over-pressured?:doh::bang

ANY input would hellp guys, sorry for the long post but my brain is bout explode thinking about what to do first....THANKS

I would do the lift pump first. then stixs then the cp3

Ok so you think temps are ok to set turbo upgrades aside for now? I know Im not cookin but do you think fuel mods first is gonna hurt anything? Heck the way its lookin it may be several months before i get the money rounded up to do turbo upgrades anyway.

you dont need twins to get 600-650hp. you can do that on a 64 and still tow. a good lift pump is a must.

ok sounds good thats why I ask you guys know more than me and you gotta learn somehow right? Is the airdog a good route and if so which one for a build like this? Thanks

Full Pull think a 64(64/14....?) will keep 90's a smarty and dr.p cool enough?

good single=$1800 stocker over s400=$2500 its almost worth the money for extra reasurance of not getting too hot if my 98,000 mi stocker isnt hurt

good single=$1800 stocker over s400=$2500 its almost worth the money for extra reasurance of not getting too hot if my 98,000 mi stocker isnt hurt

once you go twins you wont go back!!!!!!

if it was me I would buy a 'newer' used stock turbo with LOW miles so it wont be a worry (my .02)
you can usually get them for $300-500

not a bad idea jsf i might have to look into that once i get these fuel mods knocked out

There is a member here TURBOLVR, that bought my stock 07 turbo, so he might sell ya one.

If you are towing that much, then the stocker/S400 will be great, only bad I have heard is the drive pressure can get up there or that little stocker lives a short life because of all that HP,but there are lots of guys running them with no problems.

A 64 with 90's will stay cool no problem, if you can't go twins get a 62 or 64. The 62 might be the best for towing and be very streetable. I love my 64 but I don't tow that much.

Brian

Yeah silverback thats where i have a torn decision because when it comes time the extra $600-800 for the stocker/s400 kit wont bother me if it will be that beneficial. I dont tow that often, I really only mentioned it so you guys didnt think i was just street drivin everyday. I do a lot of farm/ranch work so pullin light loads(16ft trailer or fertilizer buggy=9k)is somethin I need to be able to do. Im thinkin now the 64/14/71 might be a good route, it would be a fresh charger and its sounds like the best of both worlds. It would keep it cool enough to tow w/90's and still spool fast enough to screw around on the street/strip. Like Casey told me, you can tow just fine with a 64/smarty,dr.p, and 90's you just have to detune and keep your eyes on the pyro.

Yep, you will be fine. I run flux 3's which are 150hp, and just keep the Smarty w/ TNT on 3 or 5 for DD and 1 when towing (waiting for twins) The main thing about a 64 is that it can seem slow. It's not bad just not stock. And later a 64 makes a wicked set up for twins. :Cheer:
Brian

Sounds good man thanks, I really have too many irons in the fire right now anyway lol. First thing first I have to address the fuel issues.

Back