What to do??

Newsmoker

I just purchased a 2007 2500 automatic with the 6.7, my first diesel. I know very little about all of the emmsions crap they put on the truck. I lifted the truck 6" and run 37x12.5R18s. I am getting around 11 mpg. I would really like to be able to hear the motor over the tires. Can anyone advise me on what would be the best plan of attack. I don't know much about all the available options. I am thinking starting with an intake, dpf delete pipe, and a programmer. I am not sure which types and where would be best to get these from. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:
Get a budget exhaust 4 or 5in and either a smart or xrt. if you got the extra money the black maxx is awesome. i started with the xrt then got the black maxx. both a great products either way. if you get a cai get a dry filter because i have heard of alot of issues with the oiled filters.

I just jumped ship from the 5.9 side and cant wait to get the deletes on. 13 mpg just aint working for me.

if you do the work your mileage will increase one your foot lightens up we worked dads over and we getting 20 on the hwy