what to look 4 buying p-pumed with big injectors&turbo

eyeballchambers

Ok so Im going to go look@ &probably buy a fumming with a s400 turbo,250 horse injectors & a nv4500 with a southbend dual disc it is his daily driver has a airdog 150 which the motor recently went out on.So he has an inline air pump plumbed to it till the new motor comes in.Only has a boost &egt gauge.What should I LOOK for when I go look@this thing & test drive it?There's no obd port to hook up a scanner to.I would just think 250 horse injectors wouldn't be ideal for dd?So again what should I look for everything was rebuilt or installed less than or around 15000k ago whole motor gone through etc.I've read the south bend dual disc clutch is pretty loud..what should I look for there?☆☆☆☆☆ALSO the seller says there is no OBD port is this common in these swaps?

Jesus, just try and speak English for a second.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry.I was using voice to text which did not help@ all.I just read what I posted.Yeah grammar for dummies is on my wish list.

I guess its how we both spend our Sundays, at least we introduced ourselves before posting a ton of broken English/grammar. Try that next time.....

Yes, we speak English around here, not Section 8 ebonics. If you can't spell or speak, then we WILL have a problem. This is a public diesel forum, not texting your girlfriend.

I remember my first few posts. At least I tried after getting told!!! Lmfao

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

Ok so Im going to go look@ &probably buy a fumming with a s400 turbo,250 horse injectors & a nv4500 with a southbend dual disc it is his daily driver has a airdog 150 which the motor recently went out on.So he has an inline air pump plumbed to it till the new motor comes in.Only has a boost &egt gauge.What should I LOOK for when I go look@this thing & test drive it?There's no obd port to hook up a scanner to.I would just think 250 horse injectors wouldn't be ideal for dd?So again what should I look for everything was rebuilt or installed less than or around 15000k ago whole motor gone through etc.I've read the south bend dual disc clutch is pretty loud..what should I look for there?☆☆☆☆☆ALSO the seller says there is no OBD port is this common in these swaps?

Not much info to go by, I would think a S400 would be laggy as a single charger on a street truck, 250 horse inj means nothing to me, how many holes and what size is what most go by. I'm running 5x.012's which are a little bigger than stock. What pump mods have been done (fuel plate, governor springs, delivery valves, ect)? OBD port is for checking computer codes, 12v is all mechanical and doesn't need a computer so there's nothing to scan.

Ask for receipts on the engine build and conversion parts, ask lots of questions about what they did to fit the engine in the truck (mounts, plumbing, exhaust, wiring, clutch hydro's used, type of cooling fan).

The more I read the part about it being a daily driver with big turbo, bid inj and big clutch, the more I get to feeling it's a pieced together coal roller that will need lots of time and $ to make a good truck out of it, then again maybe I'm wrong.

Back