What to look 4 in a 12V

BLACK OUT

Lookin at buyin a 12v with 240k on it. Just wondering if you guys know of anything that might need looked at that a 24v guy might not know about.

Look for paint chipped on injection lines and pump. Lots of chips means its not a virgin.

Check to see if the break off screws are still intact on the AFC!

Killer dowel pin!!! ask if its fixed and if not, you might be able to knudge down the price a bit.

Killer dowel pin!!! ask if its fixed and if not, you might be able to knudge down the price a bit.

And I wouldnt chance taking the guys word for it if he says the KDP is fixed. I would check and see with your own eyes what the KDP's status is (or have a shop/person you trust check).

I love buying a vehicle and being told this or that about it, then finding out what I was told was not true....(thats sarcasm).

Last edited:
And I wouldnt chance taking the guys word for it if he says the KDP is fixed. I would check and see with your own eyes what the KDP's status is (or have a shop/person you trust check).

I love buying a vehicle and being told this or that about it, then finding out what I was told was not true....(thats sarcasm).

I went and looked at a truck with a buddy of mine that is looking at doing an engine swap in his 78 F250. The guy said the pump has been turned up and it had a different fual plate in it. he also said it ran great but the batteries were just dead. When we looked at it all break off screws were still intact and the engine wouldnt turn over. not even with a bar! Never believe what people tell you.

I went and looked at a truck with a buddy of mine that is looking at doing an engine swap in his 78 F250. The guy said the pump has been turned up and it had a different fual plate in it. he also said it ran great but the batteries were just dead. When we looked at it all break off screws were still intact and the engine wouldnt turn over. not even with a bar! Never believe what people tell you.

If he put a new fuel plate in it, then those break off screews you see are not the original ones. The break off screws have to come out to change the plate.

I also love when people say theat "the fuel or pump has been turned up." This means absolutely nothing to me. I've found that when people say this they have no clue what is done to the pump. There are tons of things that can be done to a pump to up the hp.

I personally would stay away from that truck especially after it wouldn't turn over with a bar. He doesn't sound too knowledgeable or he knows he's lying to you. Good luck

Some shops will replace the break off screws, and repaint it so that the truck will pass state inspections.

A

How about when you sell a truck, then that guy sells it, then the second owner tracks you down and wants to know why the truck isn't the way the other guy told him it was!!!:nail:

If he put a new fuel plate in it, then those break off screews you see are not the original ones. The break off screws have to come out to change the plate.

I also love when people say theat "the fuel or pump has been turned up." This means absolutely nothing to me. I've found that when people say this they have no clue what is done to the pump. There are tons of things that can be done to a pump to up the hp.

I personally would stay away from that truck especially after it wouldn't turn over with a bar. He doesn't sound too knowledgeable or he knows he's lying to you. Good luck

This happened about 8 months ago i was just giving an example to the OP and others why you cant trust what people tell you about a truck they are trying to sell. when i couldnt turn the engine over with a bar we walked away right them and there.

:nail:
Well hell lol! I really need to pay more attention! My bad

Hell, I would tried to get that truck for dirt then instead of walking away!

id flash cash money in his face and see what he says! Like AC/DC says, money talks

Back