what to look for in a 2005

jaybrown

2005 f 250 2 wheel drive with 220,000 miles KBB private party is $12,500 and i can get it for $6000 i checked the vin and it had a new turbo in 2006 and that is it.....we have 4 or 5 7.3's but never a 6.0 should i stay away form this truck? thanks, jason

220k miles is alot of miles..need to get an oasis report to see what type of problems it had while it was under warranty, that will help you get a feel for th truck.

220k miles is alot of miles..need to get an oasis report to see what type of problems it had while it was under warranty, that will help you get a feel for th truck.

i checked the vin at the dealer today and the new turbo in 06 was the only thing beside the factory recalls.....this would be my DD and i only put about 8-10k miles on per year.

Oasis is only gonna cover when the truck was taken to a dealer under warranty, unless the guy continued to take it to the dealer after it was up on warranty. Are there any notes for after 100k?

I'd sell you mine for 14k

6K isnt to bad(price wise) but the overhaul interval on a 6.0L is like 375 or something close to that, so your still alittle ways away.

The State Farm road ranger trucks are in the 400k+ mileage range. What do you plan to do with the truck?

Oasis is only gonna cover when the truck was taken to a dealer under warranty, unless the guy continued to take it to the dealer after it was up on warranty. Are there any notes for after 100k?

true, but if the truck was constantly in the shop for repair for up to the 100k miles, it may not be a good idea to buy the truck.

But with that said, at 6k that's a good price on that truck, even if you had to spend 4k to get studs and egr delete and new headgaskets,etc,etc..it would still be a good buy. Only thing that's possible is cracked heads or cracked block..which cant been seen until its apart. And sometimes people will get rid of the truck when they know there is an expensive problem that needs to be fixed.

(most of the road ranger trucks I see locally are gassers)

8k-10k per year. Just wondering if he does any weekend trips with a 15k lb travel trailer.

Look at the fuel lines at the secondary fuel filter housing. If there are zip ties still on there someone has usually been in the motor.

My old dealer serviced a local fleet of them. They were diesel 6.0L and were in for routine stuff like ball joints. And now they have 6.4s The color of the badge on the fender identifies them as with the tailpipe.

But with that said, at 6k that's a good price on that truck, even if you had to spend 4k to get studs and egr delete and new headgaskets,etc,etc..it would still be a good buy. Only thing that's possible is cracked heads or cracked block..which cant been seen until its apart. And sometimes people will get rid of the truck when they know there is an expensive problem that needs to be fixed.

I'd just hate to see a snowballing effect. 4k into studs on a 6k truck, is it worth 10k? Now what happens if the tranny was beat, there's 2k. Now were at 12k, just my thoughts. If I was going to get another 6.0 I might consider one with a warranty, I know many people have problems with them under warranty, but many on here have had studs done, paid by ford.

2 door super cab ac pw pl got it for $6500 books for $13

Blue book or black book. Come on down to the auction down here. If you are feeling good check out what they are knocking people in the nuts with down here.

I'd just hate to see a snowballing effect. 4k into studs on a 6k truck, is it worth 10k? Now what happens if the tranny was beat, there's 2k. Now were at 12k, just my thoughts. If I was going to get another 6.0 I might consider one with a warranty, I know many people have problems with them under warranty, but many on here have had studs done, paid by ford.

Ford warrantied my first set of headgaskets and the service manager agreed to put my ARP's in at no extra cost. Headgaskets blew again and service manager took my studs out of the truck and told me he wouldn't fix it again... I'm driving my truck stock now. It sucks. Some dealers are really starting to crack down on this, so dont count on it.