What to stack w/power puck

05Supersmoker

West Texas Diesel Perf.
A buddy of mine has a 01 6-speed and has a power puck and fixing to have a set of jammer 2's. What is a good adjustable box to run with this combo??

Not to sure about the power puck. I think it's only worth about 40-50hp??
If he wants to stack, I would go with the smarty, it only adds 65hp on the VP trucks, but it's all in the lower end of the rpms, makes a big difference.
The smarty stacked with an adjustable box like the Ganatelli/Quadzilla or Edge comp gives alot more power throughout the entire rpm range.
I run the Granatelli on level 2(100hp) and the smarty on level 6 and get all the power my clutch can handle and 18+ mpg. Thats in an '01 QC 4X4, 5-speed. But I drive like an old man.

the smarty would be your best bet, my brother and dad both had a power puck and both stacked it with a hypertech and didnt really make that much of a difference.

Agree,Cows, I would stay far away from the hypertech. Had one on for a week and didn't like it. Took it off and it screwed up my trucks computer. Had to take it to the dealer for a software flash, set me back $85. The smarty is supposed to be a completely different setup that won't hurt anything.
Also you might think about a boost/wastegate fitting.
Its the little brass elbow that opens the wastegate, the new one holds the gate completly shut and alows a little more boost to burn the extra fuel the jammers will add.
Only cost a few $$.

Last edited:
TST PM3 works well with it also I have heard. Quad Xzillarator should as well since it does not to timing.

I had a pwr puck for about a week felt a bit of a diff. I've got a drag comp box now and have no complaints.

Smarty rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rockwoot: If you go with a smarty you can use it with any other box later on. And plus it updateable and now has the speed limiter option.

The smarty won't add power to a truck with a puck. Stick with the fueling boxes: tst or bluechip for more power.

Ph4tty said:
The smarty won't add power to a truck with a puck. Stick with the fueling boxes: tst or bluechip for more power.

How do you figure that. The smarty has programs with both fuel with timing or just fuel. Either way the smarty will improve the driveability of the truck. If you want all out power just ditch the puck and get a smarty and a edge/tst.

90% of the time i dont even run with the egde on just the smarty. Driveability is 100% better with the smarty.

jktcummins said:
How do you figure that.

I've seen dyno results from a smarty/ez stack and it didn't make power so I'm assuming the smarty/puck would be the same. I agree that a truck is more fun to drive with a smarty, but considering that he already has a puck a fms, tst, or something simular will complement the puck and add power =P

The Smarty does not stack well with any timing box. If you want to add horsepower, stack the puck with a fueling box. The TST and the FMS are both excellent choices. The redline is still the ultimate fueling box, but it is a bit exteme.

I would personally throw the cheap old power puck away and start over anyways. I had one when i first started all this and it was a waist of time. I wish i would have bought the smarty first and them the edge. Now with all my mods i usually run around with the smarty on and the edge off just because the smarty makes the truck drive a lot better.

parttimepuller said:
$.02

Ya redline is the only way to go with a vp truck
absolutly it is. i am runnig a unlimited redline power puck combo and its insane. who ever says the puck dont do much, it gave me almost as much as the smarty did down low.