what turbo should i get?

derekpeters96

I have a 2001 24v cummins with fire rings, head studs, 150 fass fuel system, 150 hp injectors, hot rod injection pump. the guy I bought it from put the stock hx35w turbo back on when he sold it to me. just wondering what turbo I should run on it

Last edited:
63/68/14 ball brg..borg warner for about 1200 or less. unless ya want polished. thats more.
stay away from any silver bullets..theyre just too laggy to tow.

I was goin to say a 62 or 63 but dieselbeef's got you covered. They match up really good with 150's and spool nice. I'm runnin a 64 on mine and believe me.. You do not want to tow with this thing. My injectors don't help any either though

none wastegated is even cheaper...but mine will huff once in awhile so id advise getting the gated one

anyone else have any suggestions? just seeing what my options are.

I do. Exactly what Gary said. 63/68/14 or 13.

I ran a PS62/65/14 from II with 100 ddp sticks and Edge Juice w/Attitude on an '02. Dyno'ed 450hp/972tq.

The 14 was a bit laggy, but the 12 will be a bit hot. I always wanted to try the 63/68 but sold it first. It towed great. However, I added a Hamilton cam and towing was night and day. I suggest a cam if you tow. It was nice to run a gooseneck up an on-ramp and merge with traffic at #28,000 gross and not fog everyone out. Call Zach and find the one for you.

look in our vendors section. Tmoney along with several other have good prices and service. Blacks diesel, beans, etc.

Since you have a hr pump, look for tuners that don't add timing. I like my tst but it can be a little violent sometimes.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

i run mine with a drag comp..its ok.

i got mine from southeast power. they will spec it just how ya want it and custom build it for ya...i think i paid like 1200 and went to pick it up

Back