What turbo to run .

RescueF250

Hey guys sorry havent been much on here, been on PSN mainly, but anyways time for a turbo upgrade what are ya'll running on your 6.0's ???

Well I want to get my 190's running how they are suppose to. Run better etc. My truck is also a DD, but I do hit the track at times.

I would run a 62 or a 64 if you drive the truck daily. The 64 will yeild a higher hp and be alot of fun to drive.

If you tow over 10k you should consider a 62 or a modified VGT. 8K and under a 64 will work pretty good.

I would run a 62 or a 64 if you drive the truck daily. The 64 will yeild a higher hp and be alot of fun to drive.

If you tow over 10k you should consider a 62 or a modified VGT. 8K and under a 64 will work pretty good.

How laggy is the 64 as a DD with 190's? Also looking to upgarade turbo soon dont tow much but plane on alot of track time..

How laggy is the 64 as a DD with 190's? Also looking to upgarade turbo soon dont tow much but plane on alot of track time..

That all depends on who builds it, how it is build, and what you are comparing it to. A fixed geometry trubo will not be as quick to spool or responsive as a variable geometry turbo, period!

Now that being said, a 64 with a mild turbine wheel is a fun to drive combination that is pretty responsive. Knowing that you are driving it daily, we would do a 64/67/70. For competition, we would recommend something different (to be disclosed when we officially release our turbo kits in the upcoming weeks).

We plan on running a pretty extreme set up for Lance (Sonic_Superduty). He will be running one of our experimental units that should provide exceptional boost a low rpms and with the proper setup, boost to back pressure should be around 1 to 1.3 or so. We are looking forward to him getting his truck together to start testing it.

Back