what turbos are out there for us?

Glasseater

comeon guys, let's make a thread dedicated to what turbos we can get for our trucks, and let's try to get the CFM ratings too, also any important info like "blah blah spools up about twice as fast as blah blah"

well there are several options out there, just depending on what you wanna do in the end. The D-66 from Beans is to my knowledge the only bolt on upgrade for the OBS if you want something thats fairly simple or you can go with an H2E from hypermax, which totally does away with the factory uppipes and pedistal. Just depends on what ya want. So far so good on my H2E, spools almost like stock (when it has some fuel, its pretty laggy on a stock setting) it does a pretty good job at keeping temps down.

Last edited:
what about the modded H2E from beans? and do you know CFM ratings on any of those?? i think stock is like 630?

i beleive stock is around 750 or so, the modified H2e will flow somewhere in the ballpark of like 1175 or I believe, the dominator will flow around 1050 or so.

IIRC-
h2e is 950 cfm and will support ~500 rwhp on fuel
bdp modded h2e is 1150 cfm or ~550 rwhp
bdp sled screamer is 1350 cfm or ~600 rwhp
sledgehammer is 1550-1600 cfm ~600+rwhp

The h2e will hold up to higher boost pressure and larger injectors much better than the D66. The D66 is a great turbo for guys who have stage 1 or stage 2 injectors, but any bigger injectors than that and you are playing with fire. The estimated hp #'s for each turbo are what ive put down with them (more hp with each turbo is probably possible), the only turbo i havent ran is the sledgehammer. Due to what it flows 600++ rwhp should be possible with it.

hey luke are you sure about that sledgehammer makking 1550+ cfm?? thats 100 more than mine and its the same size i believe. and when did you make over 600 with it?

Im pretty sure its 1550 cfm, ive never ran it. I jsut said with the amt of air it flows teh turbo should be capable of 600++.

It has been mentioned that TN might make a drop in for the OBS, but I have not heard any definate plans as of yet. Could be possible after they get the SD BB turbo into production. But then again it is not certain.

mattymx said:
It has been mentioned that TN might make a drop in for the OBS, but I have not heard any definate plans as of yet. Could be possible after they get the SD BB turbo into production. But then again it is not certain.

here's hoping :rockwoot:

Back