What will seal the threads on my FP gauge fittings?

Got Smoke?

What will seal the threads on my brass fittings for my FP gauge on my truck? I found a brief write up from Illflem either on here or Cumminsforum that said use Permatex #2 or anti seize........well Permatex #2 didn't work and luckily it was past the needle valve so I just closed it I'd like to only pull it apart once so what will work for sure on the threads?

I use Teflon tape or Teflon paste. I don't know if it's proper, but it works every time.

I had Teflon stand up to diesel on my truck for 2 years, till I redid my system.
Just make sure you get the fittings tight. You are using pipe thread fittings, right?

I used the yellow teflon rated for fuel. Also what worked even better cause I did have one leak was rectorseal. It is a lubricant/thread sealer rated for fuel oil.

Just keep it on the threads only. Keep it on the threads and not the end of the fittings. This will keep it out of your fuel system. Thread lubricant is to lube the threads and allow you to tighten them fully. It helps the fittings slide across eachother. There are some sealing properties, but mainly it is to help them slide easier. My .02