What would you do?

9 LIVES

Demolition Expert
Ok so my ongoing nightmare with my truck has yet to end. I have a 06 2500 that has been in the shop 4 times for the same leaking front main crank seal. After the 4th time I had enough and wrote to Chrysler for a lemon law claim. That was denied really quickly.

Anywho as if the problems don't stop there. The truck is starting to have a shiot load of rust spots showing through the clear coat on my white truck. The size of the rust is more like small small dots. The equivilant of lets say small cookie crumbs that are scattered across the hood and front fenders getting lesser & lesser as it goes past my driver side doors to the bed. Still maybe 75 or so small flecks of rust on the bed but the majority is on the hood.

The last dealership in Oct that I brought the truck to and had the front main crank seal done again refused to re-paint the truck. They told me to take it to the dealership I bought it at.

Well I moved since I bought the truck and live around 1.5hrs. away from that dealership. Not to mention the truck has been sitting for 6 months due to the fact im within 200 miles from being out of the factory warranty. I know there stall tactics here are being used to try to push me outside of my warranty so they no longer have to care for this constant headache.*bdh*

Im close to getting a trailer to haul my truck to the another dealership about 45 minutes away to see if they will re-paint the truck since its a warranty issue. They tried to tell me the rust would buff out that they were able to scratch it off with their fingernails. I went and tried to replicate this and it wouldn't scratch off at ALL! Its from underneath the clear coat.....complete truck would have to be sanded down bare and started over is what I think???

The dealership 45 minutes from here over the phone said they would just sand the problimatic areas and shoot some new paint and clear on that. I told them it wouldn't match having fresh white and slightly duller white. Not to mention this rust is not in patches its SPREAD randomoly throughout the complete vehicle in no such pattern.

WHAT WOULD YOU GUYS DO???
I tried trading the truck in and with the issues the local dealership wouldn't give me but 17K even though without the issues it NADA booked at 31K These people heard of the history and didn't want to touch the truck. Dodge wants nothing more to do with my truck and denies the lemon law claim each and everytime I open a claim up. GM at dealerships, regional managers & independent claim agencies don't return my calls anymore. State attorney generals office wrote a letter to diamler chyrsler being very specific about this issue needs to be cleared up quick. Chyrsler worte back 15 days after the deadline and wrote that my truck has not been in for the correct amount of repairs and that they consider this issues closed permanetly. I called the state and talked to the lady in charge with my issue and she read the paragraph from the letter in which Dodge said " not in for correct amount of repair attempts for the lemon law claim" I then asked her please look at my file in your computer and tell me how many repairs do I have for this same issues. She then told me " four " I asked her how many does one NEED to claim the lemon law. In which the prude woman said " Four" I then asked what is the issue here if I had the correct amount of repairs. In which she told me she isn't sure......

I got the local channel 9 action news involved...in which they have hit dead ends with this issue also.*bdh*

Sorry for the long post. Forgot to mention the truck still leaks a butt load of oil (going in for the 5th repair attempt) I think the last time I had it in they reflashed my computer with the F%%%# YOU code. Since I bought the truck I have YET to see better than 16 MPG highway @ 70 and 12MPG in town.
8-10 MPH towing 6K pounds.

Truck smokes white/gray until it warms up (even in summer)

Brought it in for that and they said that nothing was wrong.

Something is wrong, I have never seen a CR smoke upon being started when it's warm out......

CumminAtYa said:
Something is wrong, I have never seen a CR smoke upon being started when it's warm out......
My brother-in-law's truck hazes like it's got big injectors in it year round when it's cold....even in 100* south Texas heat.

That is one of the reason's I won't buy a dodge. poor ass customer service a friend of my dad's had a 96 12 valve and the tranny started going out so he sold it and got a 99 1500 sport, tranny went out with 32,000 miles the dodge dealer he bought it from pretty much told him to go to hell they were not replacing the transmission even though the truck was stock and under warrenty, he ended up having to go to a diff dodge dealer to get the transmisssion replaced and even they tried to void his warranty. Then here recently there was a guy getting his 06 with I think 19,000 miles rebuilt. Cedar City was doing the rebuild because the manager at the dodge dealer voided the guys warrenty and the truck was stock. he contacted the GM to talk to him and he told him tough sh!t. And guess that's what you get for buying a dodge:doh:

UNBROKEN said:
My brother-in-law's truck hazes like it's got big injectors in it year round when it's cold....even in 100* south Texas heat.
That's wierd of all the guys here in town, probably 20+ that I have hung out with I have never seen anything like it, even when I've seen other guys start up and drive off...say when I've been on my way into or out of an establishment....what a waste of fuel!

Still trying to figure out if I should just give up and get the truck painted myself or keep pushing.

Truck is in the shop getting the front main replaced again. They are looking into the paint issue. Will know something after the 1st of the year.

I would fix the seal myself.

As for the paint, I don't know. Seems they should paint it, but if the dealer refuses you may have to pay a lawyer to give them a call.

Keep pushing until you get what you deserve. I went through a similar battle with HD in 05 when I bought my bike. Factory numbered paint and it was falling off within 3 months.
To get it fixed, they have to admit to doing something wrong. No one likes to do that, but be persistent, and be a d!ck when you need to.

Ridemywideglide: Im self employed so im used to the " being a d!ick when need be" but my only issue of doing that with dodge is im afraid that if I raise my voice and push a little to much that my issue will fall on def ears (as if it hasen't already)

Im sure when they get cranky and pushy POED clients they push just as much back.

Well they might.. They did in my case.. I finally emailed some CEO of HD after 9 months of runaround bullsh!t with my $3000 set of tins. Then things started happening.
I ended up in a huge argument with the service manager at my dealership, culminating in me calling the HD warranty dept, and calling him out in front of 12 or so customers on his lies about how things should be handled.
In the end, I rode with mismatch tins for 11 months of the first year I owned a $22k bike, but I did get it fixed, and I got a second set of stock tins in the end from the salesman.
I also am self-employed and know what you know about that.
Right is right regardless of the situation. I've had *****y customers, and I've had picky customers. Picky is make it right and I'll be happy, and that's what I am. Be that guy and you'll prevail. But you will have to be persistent. If you go away easy (like they think) then they win and no loss to them.
Good luck.

Brad

Keep on them and ask to speak to a chrysler rep. When my motor blew up I took all my chips off and took it in. But I forgot to take the edge sticker off the back window and screwed a bolt into the manifold tap for the pyro. They asked and asked about it and told them I had the edge attitude monitor for gauges and even brought it into them and they said oh no problem we'll get i taken care of. It sat there for 2 weeks while they tried to find my chip. Took the ecm out and took it into headquarters to read if I had any chips and couldn't find anything. So finally they called me said that chrysler told them to tear the motor down and inspect what it was and number 4 cyclinder was melted so I was like yeah I know that then they said oh well it will be 15k to fix. I said hell no put my truck back together and and I'll come get it then they said 800 bucks to put it back together!! I called that salesmanager every name I could think of. Then they thought I was gonna come get my truck when they where closed and parked 3 cars behind my truck so I couldn't get it. Finally I paid the 400 bucks for them to tear it down and went in there on a sunday when they were not there and the cleaning crew let me get my stuff and a few extra things. Then I found my head laying face first on the floor injectors still in and it had been slid across the floor. I talked to the GM and service department which they said they no longer what to talk to me about that truck that chrysler has voided the warranty and wants nothing to do with it but would be willing to sell me another truck.

On another note I called back to another dealer 2 months later to get my vin number checked to see if my warranty was voided and chysler still show my truck with full warranty. Have no idea I blew the motor in my truck at all. SO who knows if chrysler even came out there.

Kman9090: Chrysler more than likely did not come out. They are about as lazy as it gets. They will also I have found lie quite often to get you to give up.

Sounds about like how I have been treated. The last time my truck was in the shop the diesel mechanic actually left my truck in peices and went on vacation for 7 days! After being in the shop for 11 days that put my total days of my truck being in the shop for one year at 22 days. The NC state lemon law states that if your truck has been in the shop for 20 days or more over 1 calender year for an acumulative amount of issues that it qualifies for the lemon law. Even though mine has been in for 22 they still don't care. They still cancel my claims and say that it hasen't been in for the correct amount of repairs.

Yeah I finally did give up, I knew I had a chip and didn't want to push it to far. If I where you though I would be in there everyday choking them. Rust on a 2006 truck that is just unbeleviable. Or just park out front and everybody coming in there show them your truck. Dealerships nowadays have no loyalty, I bought 2 trucks from this dealership and instead of helping me get the truck fixed they fought me every bit. The salesmanager actually went out and bought an edge juice just to figure out where it wires to and how you mount it to look for it on my truck.

The paint should buff out. I have a white truck and it buffs out. I fought and fought and fought with them about it. They buffed it out twice for me, and then proceeded to wax it. Last about 2 years and then they come back.

I wouldn't give up.... But you need the SM on your side to get a buyback. I had a 99 Dodge Ram that I had them buyback and ended up with a new 01 Ram in its place.

If possible go to another dealer that has a reasonable SM. Get to know him and take your truck back repeatably. My dealer actually did all the buyback paperwork for me. DC has an obligation to you and you have already done your part, but I believe if you can get the dealer on your side you will get somewhere.

This is the 4th dealership it has been to. The service manager at this dealership that the truck is at now is a nice guy compared to the others I have dealt with. So maybe that will help me (haven't been there before)

We tried buffing a small spot and the clear coat started to flake immediatly. Seems the larger rust spots are starting the crack and pop the clear coat. The dots still are no larger than small cookie crumbs....but maybe 1,500 on the hood alone.

maybe this new dealership will follow through if not just park in the drive way an show everysingle customer how you ended up