Whats after Smarty?

BarryP

Hi, I am new here. I raced the first time this weekend and want to go faster now! Out running an STI and almost keeping up with a C6 Corvette in a stock looking fleet truck is fun with all the WTF looks given driving back through the pits.

I have a 2006 2wd regular cab 5.9 with 48RE. Currently I only have a Smarty and Goerend VB as mods. I also have an XZT that is not hooked up. I ran a best of 13.7@104. I know I can get a better ET with some traction help. I am planning on removing some leafs and adding some Caltrac bars to start. This was recommended by another 2wd on another board. Any other ideas on that?

My main question is what can I do next for cheap for more power? I am planning on a TC next, but then it is another power adder. I want to stay with the stock turbo for now due to low $$$. Would meth injection be a good next step since I want to stay with the stock turbo or am I probably close to running out of air with just the Smarty and meth wouldnt help? Also what would be good to do with my XZT? Should I get it reprogrammed by Quadzilla to work good with the Smarty or just forget it?

Thanks for any tips!

There's a guy here that made 512hp/1027tq with the stock huffer but it was very hot he says...

my 62/12 made 530/1050 but a LOT cooler!!

Thanks for the reply! What I was hoping with the meth/water injection is that it would give me a little more power AND cool my EGTs down. It seems like it might be a poor mans turbo upgrade to a very small extent. I have no experience with it though so I am not sure it would work on 1/4 mile passes. I also dont want to use it if it is dangerous. It seems like some people think it is dangerous and some people dont.

BarryP said:
Thanks for the reply! What I was hoping with the meth/water injection is that it would give me a little more power AND cool my EGTs down. It seems like it might be a poor mans turbo upgrade to a very small extent. I have no experience with it though so I am not sure it would work on 1/4 mile passes. I also dont want to use it if it is dangerous. It seems like some people think it is dangerous and some people dont.

Oh, I'm sure it'll work on those EGT's in the quarter.....As for being dangerous, maybe or maybe not.....I think it's like everything else. When you use it in moderation it'll prob. be ok......just don't go over 50/50 mix....Jeff Garmon knows of some Fool using 100% Meth......That's just Stupid....

I personally just don't like the idea of putting water or anything corrosive into my motor....

Just do it the way I did, Break out the Credit Card and Say "what the Fu**" :hehe: ...........I'm trying to do it right the 1st time and not go to BIG....I can't afford to be breakin Big Expensive Chit!!!!

Good luck and Welcome again!!

I have only heard bad things when using meth. It apparently causes really high drive pressures and can cause a melt down in a hurry. I've mainly seen a 40meth/60H2O. I'd really read up on it if you plan to go that route.

You're not going to get the power you'd like using the XZT. Put it away and get a TST. You'll be floored at the power you'll get with it stacked on the smarty !

triton said:
I have only heard bad things when using meth. It apparently causes really high drive pressures and can cause a melt down in a hurry. I've mainly seen a 40meth/60H2O. I'd really read up on it if you plan to go that route.

You're not going to get the power you'd like using the XZT. Put it away and get a TST. You'll be floored at the power you'll get with it stacked on the smarty !

Ty, they need to put you on the SMARTY/TST PAYROLL!!!!!!! :hehe: You love that combo Huh????

What would my Crazy Larry stacked on a TST Do??.....I've seen it on other sigs in Magazines..... 973604x4 says you can't go higher than 2 on the TST with Crazy Larry.......

Or just scrap the Stacking question and just add some 50-80HP sticks?

Big Swole said:
Ty, they need to put you on the SMARTY/TST PAYROLL!!!!!!! :hehe: You love that combo Huh????

What would my Crazy Larry stacked on a TST Do??.....I've seen it on other sigs in Magazines..... 973604x4 says you can't go higher than 2 on the TST with Crazy Larry.......

Or just scrap the Stacking question and just add some 50-80HP sticks?

Not really... I'm not trying to push the products, it's just a combo that's well known to work together. I don't have a TST anymore. Although it worked on my truck, it doesn't work and isn't sold for the 07's. There's not many times anyone can go over 2 on the TST when stacked without having some sort of issue.... mainly rail draining.

Like we talked about, you have the same truck as Phil and it very well may be that the smarty just doesn't work well on 05's ????

I have nothing against the BD w/CL, it's just a fact that on my truck anyway... the BD can't do what smarty can. Now, if you can get Buddy at BD to write that custom tune... it might be a different story :)

triton said:
Not really... I'm not trying to push the products, it's just a combo that's well known to work together. I don't have a TST anymore. Although it worked on my truck, it doesn't work and isn't sold for the 07's. There's not many times anyone can go over 2 on the TST when stacked without having some sort of issue.... mainly rail draining.

Like we talked about, you have the same truck as Phil and it very well may be that the smarty just doesn't work well on 05's ????

I have nothing against the BD w/CL, it's just a fact that on my truck anyway... the BD can't do what smarty can. Now, if you can get Buddy at BD to write that custom tune... it might be a different story :)

That's kewl!!! I was just messin with ya.......

Yeah, I'm just gonna wait a while and maybe do some small sticks.....Then save for second Huffer to add to my 62.....Get more Air and then more fuel (CP3, Rail, larger Sticks) way down the road....

Take care man!

Big Swole said:
That's kewl!!! I was just messin with ya.......

Yeah, I'm just gonna wait a while and maybe do some small sticks.....Then save for second Huffer to add to my 62.....Get more Air and then more fuel (CP3, Rail, larger Sticks) way down the road....

Take care man!

no sweat dude ! It was good talking with you yesterday. Billy Ram did 600hp in his truck with only a few things done, it should be hard at all for you to do. He might be a good person to talk to for some pointers

Later

Big Swole said:

My truck made the best power with the tst on 7x5.

I put down 585hp in Houston a few weeks ago running my BD on Extreme and my TST on 5/5 in the standard setting. Didnt experience any rail problems.

2wd 5.9 ......I'd try a C-5 from Van Aaken. Money says you'll break traction unless the power is smooth. On the meth, stay away.