Whats it worth? Thinking of selling....

Convicted1

Hey guys...

Hopefully some of ya'll can give me an idea here... I'm seriously about fed up with this sport, and I'm considering selling the truck. It's down for mods right now, and has been since September 10th.... I'm just sick of waiting on it, and am considering buying something new now and once it's done... (If ever!) I'm thinkin' of selling it.

Truck is a 2005 Quad Cab Short Bed, 4X4, Auto, SLT, Big Horn, 2500.

Mileage: Been 3 months since I've seen the truck, but I think it's right at 120,000. I bought it new so I've got the trucks entire history documented. Paid Cash when I bought it, so no lien obviously.

Color - Two Tone Mineral Grey Metallic w/ Silver on the Rockers. There is some damage to the passenger side of the body. (2K worth) that will be fixed before the truck is sold. Otherwise this truck cleans up VERY nicely! Debadged of all but Cummins "C" and No Mouldings.

Mods:
Floor It Full Billet Trans w/ DTT Super Single Converter and Mag Hytec Double Deep Pan
Floor It Stage 3 CP3
F1 Flux 3.5's
HTT 64/14/71 "Quick Diesel" Turbo
ATS Exhaust Manifold
Floor It O-Ringed, Ported and Polished Head w/ Sheetmetal Intake
ARP 625's
Aftermarket Valve Springs (I'll have to check what we went with on this one)
Hamilton Diesel "Big Stick" Camshaft w/ Bolt
Smarty TNT/R
TS MP-8
Snow Stage 3 water meth w/ custom aluminum cell in bed for water tank.
Custom NXD 5000 based nitrous system capable of 2 stages, progressively, boost reference controlled.
HTT Intercooler
AFE Stage 2 Intake
FASS 150/150
DiPricol Gauges - Boost, EGT, Fuel Pressure, Rail Pressure, Trans Temp
Magnaflow 5" Stainless Turbo Back Exhaust
Fabtech "Performance Series" 4.5" Lift Kit w/ Dirt Logics Shocks
AMP Research Powered Steps
20" Diamo 17 Karat Chrome Wheels (Some Pitting in the Chrome)
35" Toyo Open Country MT Tires (About 50% tread)
BD Overdrive Lockout Unit
IVA W-200 Double Din In-Dash DVD w/ Ipod Control - Installed in Custom modified and body color matching bezel.
JL Audio 10W6V2's Mounted under rear seat in ported enclosure driven by Rockford BD1500
Memphis Audio 6.5" Component set in front doors driven by JL Audio 300/2 V2
Memphis Audio 5.25" Convertibles (Set up as Component) in rear doors driven by Rockford 150.2
6.5" Monitors In Headrests

There's all kinds of little stuff I'm not bothering to list at this time, and I'm sure I'm forgetting some of the big stuff too...

Help give me some ideas of what ya'll think this thing is worth... It'll help me decide to keep it and continue my plans to build it as a 2.6 class truck, or just sell it and get out the sport.

Thanks in advance for your opinions!

-David

One "Sham Wow,Slap Chop, and a Billy May's T-shirt" plus shipping and Handling.:hehe: j/k "It's Only Money and Trinkets"

I would think that you would get more money for the mods by parting it and returning it to stock. Or you gotta find someone who appreciates what you have done. If I were looking for a truck like that then say book at 15k plus half what you have in mods so I would take a guess at 25-26k to the right person.

It's down for mods right now, and has been since September 10th.... I'm just sick of waiting on it, and am considering buying something new now and once it's done... (If ever!) I'm thinkin' of selling it.

Mileage: Been 3 months since I've seen the truck, but I think it's right at 120,000. I bought it new so I've got the trucks entire history documented. Paid Cash when I bought it, so no lien obviously.

What is wrong with it that it has been down since September 10TH

Dave being it's your birthday...I'll give you until tomorrow to decide to keep it! LOL
Happy birthday!

One "Sham Wow,Slap Chop, and a Billy May's T-shirt" plus shipping and Handling.:hehe: j/k "It's Only Money and Trinkets"

SOLD!! Lemme know when you're ready for my shipping address! LOL

Nice truck, pics will be nice tho

I'll get some pictures up whenever it actually graces the light of day again. It's been in a dark secluded shop collecting dust for months now...

I would think that you would get more money for the mods by parting it and returning it to stock. Or you gotta find someone who appreciates what you have done. If I were looking for a truck like that then say book at 15k plus half what you have in mods so I would take a guess at 25-26k to the right person.

Good input... Was kinda hoping for more, but I suppose this is reasonable.

I may just part the thing down now that you mention it. It's halfway there already! LOL

What is wrong with it that it has been down since September 10TH

Well what started as a routine operation of lets O-Ring the head gasket has escalated to so much more it's rediculous.

We then decided to do the sheet metal intake, cam, new injectors, ARP 625's, intercooler, and a few other little bells and whistles.

Dave being it's your birthday...I'll give you until tomorrow to decide to keep it! LOL
Happy birthday!

LOL.... Do I know you!? Thanks for the Birthday wishes.. Although I can't figure out how you know my birthday!?

Anyway... I'm pretty positive I'm just gonna go ahead and sell this thing off. My interests have changed and I'm just not interested in dumping the rediculous amount more money in this thing that it would take to be competitive.

I mean I already have all the goods sitting here for the most part, but once they are out the package and on the truck they aren't worth squat.

So I guess if anybody in the Missouri area is interested in some high end parts... I'd be willing to make some decent deals. I'd also need your stock stuff to put back on though. DO NOT BLOW UP MY INBOX WITH LOWBALL BULL**** OFFERS! Good Deals! Not giving **** away!

The Head and Sheet Metal Intake are Fresh from Machine, I actually haven't even picked them up yet... Ready to Rock, with Gasket.

Intercooler is Brand New as well.

Cam is Brand new also.

I will sell the truck in any state somebody wants it... Fixed body work or not, modded or not. Whatever works....

LOTS of stuff just sitting in boxes in my garage that I haven't even listed yet... I guess I'll see how much interest is in the hard parts before I go working on selling all the driveline goodies and such.

Anybody got a stock head thats in good shape!? Or know where a nice Trailblazer SS is at?

-David

Last edited:
Mods... I hope I didn't just turn this into a forsale thread...

I just posted so anybody curious knew what I decided.

you have all that invested already why dump out now? kinda not making sense to me at the moment. although i did have a long weekend at the beach and still a lil delusional but if you get it all together and tuned up i think you could be somewhere close to where you wanna be or atleast have a nice daily driver with a lot of diversity- towing hauling payload yada yada, u get what i mean im sure.