Whats it worth???

Bosshawg600

PDP.com FireFighter
So Im looking for a new Daily driver and I came up with something interesting....

Found a Realy nice 05 Ford Reg cab with a 6.0 in it. Thing is the 6.0 doesnt run and they are not sure why.

But anyways, Ive always wanted a Ford with a Cummins ing it (dont worry this goes back to 6.0 discussion). Any ways, its DANG cheap buy, and I know absolutly NOTHING about 6.0's and a lot more about a 12v.

So if I bought this truck, first thing i would do is yank the 6.0...unless by some chance i can figure out whats wrong with it...I suspect its hydro locked.

Any ways my big question is, what would the old 6.0 be worth? I know someone would want it to build up assuming the block, pistons, rods and heads are good.

It would be nice to get a good chunk back for the swap! But I would guess I would sell it prety cheap!

Without knowing what was done to the engine, or who owned it, or what is wrong with it....there are way too many things that "Could" be wrong with it.

And for you to sell it with the: "I never ran the truck...it was like that when I bought it"....your not giving anyone any help as to what they are paying for...it could be a 900 pound paperweight.

I think it would be better for you to tear it apart, and just sell it for parts...then you can see what is good, and what is junk....unless someone wants to take a chance with it.

You guys are 100% right, Im just kind feeling the waters on it right now. I know what a good 12v or CR motor is worth. Just no experence with the 6.0's. I was afraid that they werent going to be worth much and like you said i would have a 600lb paper weight hanging around.

Im pretty sure with a bit of time i could get it running. Add says the body has water damage, si Im guessing its hydrolocked or needs a new wireing harness. If so thats a pretty easy fix, but on the electronic controlled motors....that could mean its just gonna be a long block........

Back