Whats needed for 12's?

TrxR

OK 99 Dodge ram Regular cab long box. Whats it going to take to get a 12 valve or P-pumped 24 valve into the 12's and still tow a drag race trailer and car. Would also be nice to not completely smoke out intersection when having a little fun.

I am doing some searching but it is slow going on dial up.

Thanks

The turbo you are going to need is probably going to remove towing from the list of duties for the truck. Other than that some 250hp sticks and some giggle gas should get you there for power. Re gear your diffs, add some traction bars and a Georend tranny and you should have reliable 12's. That's my input for a VP truck. I'm sure some one else has a recipe for the 12v.

Broad question IMHO. Need more details on the truck and it's current mods. 4wd? Auto? Stick? How deep into the 12's? Like I said broad question.

Completely stock. 2wd with an auto. I know the tranny is going to need built. Not looking to go very deep into the 12's, 12.80 would be plenty. The truck currently has a stock 24valve but the pumps are gone as well as the main power distribution block. So I was thinking either P-pump the 24V or put in a 12V. I was thinking twins might be the only way to go that fast and still tow, but dont have any clue on what turbos.

Thanks

Weight? Willing to run slicks at the track? How about nitrous?

Sorry I meant 4wd I down know why I typed 2wd :( I dont know how much it weighs. Slicks if need could be used.

I would do, p-pump conversion/good tranny/hx35-HT3B twins/5x.012-.014 injectors/5gsk, AFC mods. Done.

Last edited:
the truck weighs roughly 6500 pounds. probably less but thats probably within a few hundred pounds. and i would probably just p-pump it, 4/5kgsk, plate, 18 timing, afc mods, good tranny and a set of smaller twins will do it, you only need 500-550 to get a 4wd reg cab long bed into the 12's. you could probably do it on it a stock turbo with the 60mm wheel upgrade, and a bigger exhaust housing.

You guys think my brothers truck will hit high 12's? 99 regular cab 4x4 with full billet trans, ADR, Mach 6's, Aurora 4000, and supporting mods. 4wd launch @ 20psi.

Back