what's needed for.....???

yoshi470

EDP Janitor
Ok well im still wondering what the hell i wanna do with my truck. I really want to p pump my truck and hopefully i can get to it before april rolls around. My truck is my play toy and i drive it on the street still and would like to keep it somewhat streetable but also would like to be a more competitive puller. I'd like to run a true 2.6 turbo (no bushing, stepped covers). I looked into a 66/68/13ss from ED and that seemed like an appealing charger to me and what im looking to do. My end goal is 650-700hp. Plan on putting a cam in while its apart..more than likely a hamilton big stick, along with valve springs and studs. Also like to get a turbo and manifold blanket to keep spooling at the best it can be. Hows that set up sound so far??? Here's where my questions start....what kind of pump mods am i looking at doing to get to my hp goals??? I've been looking for a 180 or 215 pump but what am i gonna have to do to it? Also what injectors am i gonna need to get there? Right now im running some ddp250s...are those gonna be enough to get me there? Tell me what you would do to get 650-700hp out of a p pump 24v. Thanks...just looking for some different idea

Get rid of the juice w/ attitude and go with an Adrenaline....

LOL

4k gsk, 100 plate, dv's, turn the barrels, bench the pump, 20-25*ish of timing, 200hp injectors, 64-66 turbo. Should get you close. At least that's what I'm hoping out of my setup.

The turbo and injectors you have listed will get you there. Delivery Valves, Fuel Plate and 26-30* timing. Then hope your drivetrain can hold that!

The turbo and injectors you have listed will get you there. Delivery Valves, Fuel Plate and 26-30* timing. Then hope your drivetrain can hold that!

I would not recommend that much timing for the street...especially for cold weather operation. I think you could get to 650 with <25 degrees and the right tuning. $.02

I agree with J-rod, you should not require timing above maybe 24*. I am not sure you will make that kind of power on that charger unless you have some very nice airflow improvements; really nice porting and polishing and cam. You might need to step up to a bigger frame 66mm. I am having some work down to an S400 by ED, they are puttin a 66mm ETT wheel on it, something like that with a .9 turbine may better suite you.

first off, a 66/68/13ss is not enough turbine for 650-700...i would look into ED's S465 with a .9 housing if you still wanna drive it on the street.

the DDP 250 sticks will work, just have the pop-off lowered some.

pump mods, if you are like me you leave the important stuff like this to professionals. yea you can install the parts yourself but tuning it can then be a PITA. if you have a good pump shop go through it and do the work, then put it on the flow bench and test it etc, it should be ready to bolt on when its done. my pump puts out 550-600cc's with 5k springs, and it was drivable, and idled great.

i was kind of worried about the 66/68/13 not being enough turbo. But i plan on putting in a big stick cam while i have it apart. As far as injectors are 6x13s bigger than ddp 250s? Not sure if im gonna have the cash to put the pump on the bench right away or not but would like to eventually. Also what will that s465 be like on the street...whats the .9 housing comparable to?

I ran a s464 with T3 .8 housing on the street and with a cam it was actually great for daily driving. The only time I didn't like it was with a load. With a little bigger turbine it will take away some spool but I don't think it would be that bad, especially if you get an ETT wheel which will flow more air which I think should help spoolup some. Roughly .7ar=12cm .8ar=14cm and .9ar=16cm

i was kind of worried about the 66/68/13 not being enough turbo. But i plan on putting in a big stick cam while i have it apart. As far as injectors are 6x13s bigger than ddp 250s? Not sure if im gonna have the cash to put the pump on the bench right away or not but would like to eventually. Also what will that s465 be like on the street...whats the .9 housing comparable to?

I have a .9 EH on my s465 and its a great turbo to run on the street. I have 7x12 injectors, so not sure how they compare to you DDP 250's, but my truck doesn't smoke unless I want it to.

i gettin an s465 in the next week or so. has the .9 EH on it. hope it will be a good turbo.

red dodge where did you get your turbo from? Are you gonna gate it?