What's Up - Highly Modified 6.0

KlintK

Just wanted to introduce myself.
:charger:I've got a 2006 F-250 4 Door Short Bed that has been about a year in the making. We started the modifications last summer, and I think we're finally finished.
I've got Industrial Injection 190cc injectors with a Industrial Injection 62/80 turbo. We installed ARP head studs, welded up the EGR port, removed the EGR cooler and re-routed the water lines. I also added a Banks Technicooler and Flexlite electric puller fans (Flexlite fans sure do make it easier to work on the engine). Of course, an AFE stage II intake and Magnaflow turbo-back 4" exhaust. Suncoast torque converter with a new input shaft for the tranny. Last but definitely not least, we added a regulated fuel return system – A must. Oh yeah, and a FASS fuel pump, which ended up being too small.
We had installed a 150/90 (90gph at 50 psi) last summer, not knowing that we should have had a 150/180 (180gph at 50 psi). And also, the 60 psi spring. Anyway after failing about 5 sets of injectors, I think we've finally got it right with a FASS 150/200. I'll know on Friday, when we swap the most recent failed injector and install the new fuel pump.
All the failures aside, we still made 475 HP at the 35" tires on the dyno with the small fuel pump. Hopefully, that should improve with the larger one. Anyway, if there is anyone out there with a similar setup, I sure could use some re-assurance that there is hope for the 6.0 fuel rail to maintain bigger injectors. Any advice would be great. Thanks and take care.

Klint

stock 6.0 fuel rails will support much larger than 190's. I would think the pump is plenty big enough also although I personally had no luck with the FASS system and wound up with an Aeromotive pump. After fuel pressure issue with the pump is fixed you will see HPOP issues before the rails ever become the restrictive point in the fuel delivery. What micron fuel filter are you using? If you are still running through the stock filter bowl on the engine or any of the stock fuel lines that could be the issue.

HEY, DID I MEET YOU IN BUDA?!?! That sounds like a VERY familiar truck. Beige over black? If so, I was the guy in the blue KR Ford. Welcome!

Welcome to comp d. Any of those fass systems should have worked, what exactly was it doing to make you say it didn't work? I have 190's FASS 150/180 aeromotive regulator bigger lines to the front of the heads with the crossover lines in the rear..my fuel pressure is a constant 50 psi +/- 2 psi. You may have another issue.

Welcome.

Here's my highly modified 6.0L...pretty much then same as you,..with a couple extras.

32733.jpg

try the elite stage 3 fuel system, im using their 275 cc injectors with it and everything is going great, my psi is at 60 never drops 1 psi unless filter is clogged up

Back