Whats up with my RPM's?

Jcummins

$4/gal. Waa?
I have a late '01 QC 4X4 with a 5-speed manual tranny. Recently I purchased a Granatelli 140 hp box, installed and went to the dyno. My truck laid down 319 hp and 828 lb/ft tq. I was very happy with that. The big question comes from the RPM's. It ran 3900 revs, on all 16 runs. The only other mods on the truck are an S&B filter and 4'' exhaust and boost elbow. We also stacked a Smarty on, but it didn't make that much difference, only a few more rpms. I was wandering if it had something to do with the tap on the tps wire. The Edge box doesn't have that. I will be curious to see what happens when I put new injectors in, coming soon.

Did the Dyno show any power being made at 3900? Or was it on the down slope?

At 3500 the power acually began to rise back up. I know it sounds crazy. Then it fell back down sharply at 3900. I would have thought it was a fluke if it hadn't done this on all 16 runs.

I know very little about Granatelli. It must use the same technology the redline uses? It also has a tap on tps and allows more rpm.
I think you should be pleased with your numbers. You are actually above the norm as far as the power curve goes. To my understanding most of the VP trucks defuel around 3400-3600.

The Granatelli, I'm pretty sure, is the same as the Quadzilla box. At the diesel shop it was dyno'd in, had another '01 6-speed that had twins and every other power maker on the market, but couldn't make anything past 3450 even with the smarty, the dyno gragh just fell off. But he could rev up to 4000 in neutral. My truck would rev to 4100 in neutral, but the power fell off at 3900 because of the speed limiter kicking in. I was just wandering if these results have been seen by anyone else with a Quad or granatelli box?

Snedge said:
To my understanding most of the VP trucks defuel around 3400-3600.

Most defuel around 2700. Even with my smarty and a tst comp above 3500 rpms is just free revving =\

Sounds like a good box Jcummins.

Jcummins said:
The Granatelli, I'm pretty sure, is the same as the Quadzilla box. At the diesel shop it was dyno'd in, had another '01 6-speed that had twins and every other power maker on the market, but couldn't make anything past 3450 even with the smarty, the dyno gragh just fell off. But he could rev up to 4000 in neutral. My truck would rev to 4100 in neutral, but the power fell off at 3900 because of the speed limiter kicking in. I was just wandering if these results have been seen by anyone else with a Quad or granatelli box?

what was your speed at 4100 RPM?

Not sure.
Hey Bob are you the guy from Oregon that was at Floor it a couple of weeks ago? If so you know me, I bought you and John and a certion european dinner one night and hung out all week.

Just remembered the speed limiter only hit on the one run we did in 5th gear. Bob you should ask John about my truck, we all stood around scratching our heads afterwards. Bet Jesse, the guy with the stack would have liked to try it on his twin turbo truck. I really appriciate you guys letting me hang out while you guys tuned around and I hope you had a good time at SEMA. Thanks in advance agian for the injectors. If you get something else for an '01 sitting around don't be afraid to send it my way or just say hello... jdflory81@hotmail.com

holy chiy cd you are on nice dude. And you sticks ship tomorrow. I apologize for the delay

Your sandwich was a saving grace :Cheer: