When are bigger injection lines needed?

Slippy, I will try and figure out how to do that. You are right, that would help alot.

Slippy, I will see if I did it right. I am using this truck to use around the farm and pull in a street diesel class.

Bigger lines are designed for high rpm fuel recovery, you wont need them unless your turning over 5000 rpm.

if its more fuel that you want, start by getting some delivery valves. After that id look into some different injectors.

-Danny

I knew I forgot to put some stuff in my sig. I have 191 dv's with machined dv holders. The pump has 12mm non-retard notched plungers. I have a set of SDX III injectors being built. Any other ideas? Thanks.

what are you trying to do with the truck. if you want me to say "put retard notched plungers in it"....im not going to. your looking at 50-60 bucks a plunger for used and alot of work to install plus you need the "know how". might as well just find a 215 pump...or bigger. your 180 pump has potential...

turbo specs??

I am trying to beat 2 Duramax trucks in my street diesel class. Otherwise, I use the truck around the farm, when the pulling season is over. The truck has the 215 hp pump and the pump was rebuilt. The retard notch plungers were replaced with a set of used non-notched plungers, along with 191 delivery valves and machined DV holders. The turbo is a 64/71/14.

CIMG6453.jpg

JD have you pulled against chris and kevins dad with your new turbo? IMO you wont have a problem beating them with that setup since i could pull dead even with them with a hx35. I would get those new injectors installed and pull some more fuel out of the pump because your truck runs very clean down the track. We put 20ft on them with the 2001 with a 62/71, tst, and 7x10s. At the level your at theres no reason to waste money on lines as your only running a 12mm pump but its up to you.

Kyle

Kyle, I pulled in Boone with the new turbo. Chris had tranny problems and Nagel's dad was not there. The track was pretty bad and I started wheelhopping, so I got out of it before tearing any parts up. Darwin beat me with his 24valve. Have you seen my truck go down the track? That turbo cleaned up my smoke quite a bit and noticed on my video that 3/4 way down the track my smoke was starting to clear out. I have some room to increase fuel from the pump, too. I have a couple of things to improve on the truck this winter that should help with the wheelhopping. How is your truck coming along?

just try your setup. if you dont beat the chevys then come back for more! :)

Ive seen it a few times and talked with you some at osceola. You need to bring alot more fuel out of the pump. You have the same size turbo as darwin but you have alot more fuel availible and a good clutch where his auto isnt setup the best. I should be starting to assemble my truck in a few weeks and decided to use the 97 as the puller.

Back