when to delete dpf and egr?

dodge6.7

hey guys, new to comp d and an 09 dodge. its got 4000 miles on it and was wondering if i should delete the exhaust, egr and cooler? heard a lot about everything getting clogged up if you dont. or, would it be better to wait until the warranty gets a little closer to going out? any help is appreciated.

delete it all i done my 07 at around 5000 miles and i have 40000 thousand on mine and have had no trouble

did mine at less than 1000 km h&s stage 1
edge juice w/att 90000 k now never even so much as a hicup:snoop:

I did mine about 10k miles, Best thing I could have ever done. Now it's got 88k and still tickin'

I think they have a lot of the kinks worked out on the 09. With that said, the deletes will help with the longevity of the engine. If you were to take the exhaust off and look at it it is very choked, not beneficial for any engine. I would do them as soon as you can, and you shouldn't have many issues if any. You can also talk to your service manager to see if they are cool with the deletes, some are and some aren't. have a good one, wish you luck whatever you do

thanks for all the info and feedback. got a flo pro 5" turbo back exhaust with egr and cooler delete on the way. just saw a friends intake and how black it was and im definitely getting this put on. already had a smarty on it, just gotta download the software to turn off all the codes.

My neighbor has an 08.
Is this all worth doing without a programmer?
Mileage gain?
Power gain?

He's on the fence.

If he doesn't get a programmer , he will need a code clearer. Yes it is worth doing without a programmer. The engine is less restricted, and runs a bit cooler.

is there anyway to straight pipe with out using a programmer or will the truck go into limp mode. i was wanting to straight pipe before i purchase a smarty.