Where is STC located and does anyone have an image?

05F350T6.0

2005 F350. 113K miles. Happily cruising down the road (65mph) returning from Baja 250 and truck shuts off. Local dealer says $1,200, to replace the leaking STC. Where is this located and does anyone have a picture?

STC? Not famielier with that one. Ask him what it does and stands for. Maybe true but if truck just shut off it's electrical. So maybe Cam/crank sensor or something of the like.
Wait, leaking? Only thing that leaks is coolant, oil or fuel. I think you would see oil on the ground, coolant would be low, and fuel would iether be on ground or in the valley. I'm confused STC?

Gibson...things are different with a 6.0.
There are several things internally that can leak and cause the truck to die.
Snap To Connect fitting on the high pressure oil pump inside the engine

Last edited:
Spot on UNBROKEN. It is the STC on the high pressure oil pump. Do you know it's location inside the engine and do you have or know where I may find a picture?

Isn't that the fitting they started using in 05? I rember now. Been a while since I messed with a 6.0. I stand corrected. Thanks Richard.

Don't thank me...thank Doug. I forgot what it was too...had to call him. lOL

always nice to have a 6.0 encyclopedia on speed dial... LOL

nummit, thank you for the links to pictures. I do not know what the STC coupler looks like. Is it shown in picture 10 or 11 and if so, where is it?

you gotta remove the turbo and its pedistal. then theres a cover right there. its under that cover. special tools need: flexhead 8mm gear wrench. a big ass pry bar. and lots of patinence!

painsonlyapulse, When you remove the cover and it's right there. Great! What does it look like? Remember I've not seen one. Thanks.

Doesn't the intake have to come off too as well as the turbo and pedistal?

ya you have to remove the intake (8mm socket), the intercooler tube from the turbo to the intercooler (11mm deep socket), both exhaust clamps on the turbo(11mm deep socket and long flat head screwdriver/prybar), and Diconnect the VGT sensor connector from the turbo.

then you can remove the turbo and its pedistal. 3 10mm bolts hold the turbo to the pedistal, then 4 10mm bolts hold the pedistal to the block.

then you need to remove the clamp that holds the egr cooler to the y-pipe. 11mm deep socket and prybar.

then you can the IPR sensor from the high pressure oil pump (forget the size guessing its a 1 3/16" crows foot). then theres 2 8mm bolts that hold the y-pipe shield to the high pressure oil pump cover that need to be removed.

now you can remove the high pressure oil pump cover.. all 8mm bolts. be careful not to drop and bolts into the engine while removing.

then you can remove the high pressure oil pump and the STC fitting togeather. the HPOP is held in by 3 t-45 torxs, then the STC is held in by 2 8mm bolts. remember VERY VERY VERY careful to not drop any bolt into the engine.

thats just a quick write up.. next time one comes into the dealer for a STC fitting i'll try to take some pictures and do a detailed write up.

i think i have a similar problem but im not sure

I have a 2005 f-350 6.0 as well and in the last week when it warms up it will not crank after i shut it off, it has left me stranded twice so far. is the stc fitting goin bad a common thing in the 2005 and if so does anyone know how to change it?

Back