Where's the throttle body?

LOL @ IFS

The wife and I brought home a grey/ taupe '05 crew cab auto 4X4 today, with just over 101K miles. I've enjoyed it for the 50 or so miles we've driven it, and look forward to learning from you guys. I'm no stranger to trucks, wheeling, turbos or engines, but this whole diesel thing is weird. It reminds me of when I learned how to fly helicopters after flying fixed wing for 16 years... almost everything is backwards from what I'd normally think.

I'm located at Hill AFB in UT, and a friend is STRONGLY suggesting I get a Smarty Jr. and that I should try to find someone locally with one that's willing to let me try it out on my truck at the lowest power setting. So... any takers? I didn't see a regional set of boards, but maybe I'm retarded and didn't look hard enough.

And yes, I know there's no TB. ;)

I'm down in Delta in the central part of Utah. The Smarty is a great product and have heard of very few complaints with it.

As far as the throttle body goes, just make sure your VTEC pops and you're good enough for us.

Thanks, guys. My wife isn't used to a truck so big, so we did some parking lot work and then some light wheeling, and I can honestly say, the more I ride and drive in this thing, the more I like it. I'm starting to notice that the 48RE does the 1-2 hunt/ shift thing I've heard about and have been told that a Smarty would help fix the problem. When I come back from my next deployment, I'm planning on a Goerend TC and valve body before I get too crazy with the tuner.

i ran my stock tranny on smarty revo software 170 for about three days before it went out. but i had already ordered a full goerend tranny to replace it. keep up the work defending the state. :rockwoot:

We took the dogs with us and did some wheeling last weekend... it was great. I'm used to wheeling small Toyotas, and the sheer size, weight and power of this thing is just BRUTAL. Given the all seasons it has, I was very suprised with where it went. Two things are bugging me, though... the turbo is too quiet and the headlights kinda suck. The first, I fixed with the removal of the silencer ring and gutting the intake tube. It's such a great sound to hear. The second will take a little time... I'm looking at a set of projectors and fitting them with HIDs in the low beams. I'm spoiled because all my vehicles have HIDs, except my Scrambler, and I'm a firm believer of being able to see. Once I get my tax back, it's going to be split up between new plastic for my F4i and some gauges for the truck.

Couple pictures from today...

100_0701.jpg

100_0699.jpg

Back