which box

sweet99

my friend wants to trade my edge comp hot for his bluechip FMS. i like the FMS for the guages but am wondering if you guys think it fuels as hard as the comp. the box will be stcked with a SMARTY for timing. whats your guys opinion.

thanks

It will fuel harder, from what I have seen they can be tempermental and not as simple to keep running as the Comp.

I've had one for 5 years and never had a single problem. I've never had a comp, so I can't compare the two.

I think that it will pull harder if you had the supporting mods to handle it. I don’t know if you will see a difference with a stock truck with a smarty and a bluechip. Me personally I would keep to the smarty and the drag comp.

anyone else have any opinions.im thinking of tradingmainly for the guages.my main concern is for the dependability of the FMS

I would keep the comp, and just buy some gauges. I like my guages on the pillar not in one of my boxes. If you change to a different box later you lose the gauges.

The redline is made for racing/ pulling to get high rpms. I've read posts on TDR/DTR where guys actually dynoed less hp with the redline compared to a Drag comp. I'd keep the comp, smoother power with it from what I've heard. Actually I'd sell the Smarty/comp & get a Adrenaline....way more fun & stronger than my Smarty/Drag stack.

For a daily driver stick with the Edge, they are hard to beat. The FMS is a great box, but not as street friendly as the comp from what I have gathered, never owned one to know.

i would trade for the redline then sell it, buy another drag comp and guages. Its worth twice as much money as the comp.

Box

I am going to have to agree with what was said. I have a redline on my truck and it fuels hard and gives the RPM's for sled pullin. I had a TST Hot and it fuel hard but it wasnt as street friendly as my buddy's drag comp.

It all depends on what you want out of your truck:
Dyno truck/daily driver-- Drag comp

Sled Pull-- Redline

My $0.02:st:

it is not the redline it is just the regular 100hp FMS box.i dont have the supporting modsright now to ryn the redline.

thanks