Which Cam For An 03

ewatts2003

Zach,

I am looking at possibly buying a truck with the following mods and adding a cam/pushrods to it. I was looking at doing either the 181 or the 188 and was wondering what you would recommend. This is truck will be a 95% daily driver, will drag race occasionally, might pull a sled once a year, and won't ever really pull a trailer. What would you recommend as far as a cam goes? If you need any other info just let me know.

2003 Dodge 2500
AFE stage 2 cold air intake, ATS intake and exhaust manifolds, HTT 64/71/13ss, 4" downpipe 5" exhaust with muffler, 90 hp DDP nozzles, Wicked Arson III pump kit, Snow stage 2 water/meth, ARP 12mm studs, Hamilton 110lbs valve springs, FASS 150/150@13psi. Edge EZ and Smarty So6 POD, Goerends Built Trans with triple disk converter, billet input and output, and 3.73 diff gears.

Thanks.

Eric

the 181/210 would be your best bet as it will provide the best bottom end and drivability and have much les stress on the cam due to it's lower lift. The cam would really make the trucks power range much more broad and really make it more usable.

Thanks for the interest in our products. If you need anything else be sure to ask.

Zach

Bullseye Power Turbos

there is the story on their shop truck running in the 10's and close to 1,000hp all with the 181/210. I think they will break the 1k mark pretty soon! I bet a port job and an intake horn would get them well over that.
Here is part of an email I got from them today:

This is a full weight 2005 Quad Cab with A/C and all the seats. The only weight savings comes from a roll pan and removal of the spare tire. This truck has a stock bottom end and stock head with only a fire ring, studs and a Hamilton street cam and springs. It is still sporting the stock intake and air horn. We have installed an AFE intercooler to keep the intake temps down at 100 pounds of boost. It sports our new Bullseye Power wastegate that can be set from as little as 20 psi up to a fully closed 100 psi. The Bullseye Power triple turbos are now two CompR 62's with our new SS V-band inlet exhaust housings feeding a CompR 66 with surprisingly low drive pressure. The spool up and drivability is fantastic, in fact this truck is actually driven daily to pick up supplies or drop off castings to our machine shop. The fueling on this truck comes from one Level 4 CP3 from Floor it Diesel and a set of custom injectors from Stainless Diesel. That's right, one pump, no nitrous and 3 turbos is the secret to this 10 second, 946 whp daily driver.

Last edited:
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I'm not all up to par on the CR stuff. Do you recommend the billet pushrods with the 181 cam and a set of valve springs or are they not necessary on the CR's? Also, if you could pm me a price on a 181/210 for the 03 I would appreciate it. Thanks guys!

Eric

Back