which is louder?

white07psd

i have a 3.5 to 4" turbo back straight pipe on my truck with the cat. im about to take the cat off and put a mbrp muffler on it. will i gain much more sound with the mbrp muffler and no cat? i already went the fully straight pipe route for awhile but it got old after driving and pulling a trailer everyday

i had an 04" cut the muffler off left the cat and you couldnt hardley hear it at all, i would think a straight thrue muffler with no cat would be louder

the mbrp muffler and no cat will probably be louder and sound better, if it aint loud enough turn the muffler backwards to where it bounces off of the ridges instead of going into them.

I bet the MBRP muffler will give you the sound you are looking for. I ran with a 4" MBRP with muffler but no cat for 2 years. The muffler will take care of the raspyness

white07psd said:
how will that make it louder? wouldnt it raise egts and create more back pressure?

no, it seems that it would raise egt's and create more backpressure installed "correctly"

I am running an AFE Exhaust but pretty much the same configuration your contemplating. A 3.5" downpipe, No CAT, 4" through a straight through muffler turned backwards exiting in the stock location through a 5" tip. First thing your gonna notice is the 747 that was trapped in your CAT. :hehe: I think it sounds awesome! Lots of turbo noise and not raspy at all in my opinion even at floorboard throttle. Drone at highway speed is also very mild. Go for it!

i'm running dual 5" stacks with no muffler and a gutted cat and 3" downpipe and it is LOUD and sounds BEAUTIFUL!!

I agree I am running an MBRP 3.5 downpipe to 4 inch, no cat with the MBRP muffler and 5 inch tip, and it sounds amazing!!

yup - youll like the muffler/no cat combo a lot better than your current setup. It wont be THAT loud, but louder than it is now and sound a good deal better as well

Strokin03 said:
I agree I am running an MBRP 3.5 downpipe to 4 inch, no cat with the MBRP muffler and 5 inch tip, and it sounds amazing!!

You also have the 03 whistlen fool turbo. Doesn't get any better.

Mooring Product said:
You also have the 03 whistlen fool turbo. Doesn't get any better.

you know it...it doesnt get any better than the whistle :rockwoot:

Back