Which new half ton for a conversion?

Morse

Diesel
I've tried bowing out for a while and focusing on family. I've sold every diesel I own, which I've had many nice builds.. Anyway, I just can't hardly take it any more. I'm considering buying a new half ton soon, and doing a cummins conversion. Yes, I know I could just buy a couple year old diesel truck and save money. It's not completely about that. I like things that are a little different. I've been mostly considering a new crew cab F150 and Dodge 1500 crew cab. I know the dodge would be easier (I've owned two 1500 cummins trucks), but the ford seems like it would be nice when completed. I can pick up a 2010 dodge a few grand cheaper than the ford as well.. What's everyones opinion?

I like the 1500 2wd's. My last one was very mild and ran 12.1 on the stock 20's and turned in 27-28 mpg.

I'm in a rental 1500 Ram now, much nicer interior than the third gens...

Although almost useless, I've always liked the idea of a 4 door F-150 with the like 4' bed and a diesel...

I like the new platum F-150. Would like to have one with a 4bt in it maybe try to get some fuel milage out of it.

I'm sure the dodge would be the easier way to go.. We'll see..

I like the new f150. A diesel Raptor Would be cool. I'm about to do a swap for someone soon. It's really making me wanting to build one for myself. I found a Chevy dually I'm wanting to drop a 215 12v in. Maybe a 325cr?

Last edited:
My next conversion is a 2010 F-350 w/06 CR cummins. Talk about nice interior!!! this is nice leather seats and all!