Which shocks?

georgboy

I need to replace my shocks on my truck they have 105000 miles on them . What are some kinds of shocks you guys are running? Oh figured I would mention I don't want to spend 700-800 bucks on them either lol. Thanks guys.

Bilstein 5100's will serve you fine.

I have had both Rancho 9000XLs and Bilsteins 5100s. I ran the Ranchos for about 80,000 miles. Toward the end I new they were bad, but until then they worked fine and I did have the ability to adjust them to the situation.

I decided to try the Bilsteins when I replaced them. My initial feelings were they were great. Did the job of shocks and were a little smoother ride. I have had the Bilsteins for a little over a year and 25-30,000 miles now. The last few months it feels like they are failing some. Starting to feel all the little road bumps harder than I like.

They are around the same cost and I am not sure it is all the shocks fault. I will have the front end checked out soon. I did replace front ball joints and u-joints when I did the shocks so that shouldn't be the reason.

Not sure if this reply helps any at all. :bang

I've had bilstien 5100's, 5150's and Rancho rs9000's.. The Bilstiens road awesome but either broke (5150's) or blew out way too fast (5100's).. The Ranchos last, but ride like absolute crap. After having both, it's worth it to me to just keep buying new shocks and have a better ride.

I was looking at the Monroe monomax shock. Anyone ran these? Yeah I can't justify throwing $750 bucks at the rancho shocks.

I was looking at the Monroe monomax shock. Anyone ran these? Yeah I can't justify throwing $750 bucks at the rancho shocks.

Tenneco makes both Monroe and Rancho. Buy what makes you, and your wallet happy.

their not as good but you can get rancho 5000 for like 200 bucks ford started using them a while back

Wow the Rancho RS9000XLs have gone up since I bought my last set. I paid around $79 each five years ago. The best price I see is around $100 each. Bilsteins 5100s around $85 each.

It's probably a toss up. The Ranchos will last longer and cost more.

IIrc Bilstein 5100's come with a Lifetime manuf defect warranty. When seals blow or vehicle weight causes them to prematurely wear. Isn't that a design defect which would be covered under said Warranty.

Well I had the name or rather manufactors name wrong . The shocks I am talking about are kyb monoshocks. I got a price today on them at the local oreilly auto parts and they are $337 plus tax for all four.

The blistein 5100s were $400 for all four. That is interesting on the lifetime warranty bit. I wonder what the warranty covers.

IIrc Bilstein 5100's come with a Lifetime manuf defect warranty. When seals blow or vehicle weight causes them to prematurely wear. Isn't that a design defect which would be covered under said Warranty.

I am absolutely horrible when it comes to warranties.. I have never warrantied a damn thing, I just throw the things a away.. I think I need to change that. :bang

Well I had the name or rather manufactors name wrong . The shocks I am talking about are kyb monoshocks. I got a price today on them at the local oreilly auto parts and they are $337 plus tax for all four.

haven't heard anything but good about KYB's

The blistein 5100s were $400 for all four. That is interesting on the lifetime warranty bit. I wonder what the warranty covers.

You can get Bilstein 5100's for around $300 from TGC off of E***!!

just got the rancho 9000xl's, they have a 9 setting dial, 3 or 4 being stock.5 setting being equal to there 5000 shock and so on..there awesome, very happy..setting 9 for the track is perfect.