Which Smarty box with UDC

QIKDSL

I searched for it but couldn't come across my answer so Ill ask here.. Are there any benefits to having 1 smarty box over another when wanting to use UDC? For instance say 1 guy has Smarty Jr and one has Smarty SSR. Both of them are now using UDC. Can the guy with the SSR/UDC setup do anything more with tuning wise or gain more power because he originally has the SSR box using UDC vs the smaller JR box? Is the smarty only the communication tool with the truck now when using UDC?

yes, there are benefits to running an SSR box over jr box, rpm choices aren't available on a jr. sure there are other limitations, just can't recall, too early, neeeeeeed coffee.

Smarty

With the smarty jr you won't be able to adjust rail pressure which would be the most obvious difference related to UDC use. Speed limiter adjustment is another.

I searched for it but couldn't come across my answer so Ill ask here.. Are there any benefits to having 1 smarty box over another when wanting to use UDC? For instance say 1 guy has Smarty Jr and one has Smarty SSR. Both of them are now using UDC. Can the guy with the SSR/UDC setup do anything more with tuning wise or gain more power because he originally has the SSR box using UDC vs the smaller JR box? Is the smarty only the communication tool with the truck now when using UDC?

yes, there are benefits to running an SSR box over jr box, rpm choices aren't available on a jr. sure there are other limitations, just can't recall, too early, neeeeeeed coffee.

Are you referring to just using the smarty boxs for tuning.. Im referring to when useing UDC with the smarty boxs as well. If I was using UDC with a JR box is there anymore tuning available if i were to use the SSR with UDC

Are you referring to just using the smarty boxs for tuning.. Im referring to when useing UDC with the smarty boxs as well. If I was using UDC with a JR box is there anymore tuning available if i were to use the SSR with UDC

Yes.

Ryan

yes, if you use the jr box with udc software, you do not have the option of higher rpm, or rail pressure.

I go with the S-06 at a min just because you can adjust everything up to 3500 rpm. SSR let's you higher in the RPM range and adjust timing above 30. Those would be the two I would look at depending how crazy you want to get with your truck.

Back