Which transmission?

KySmoker

First off young newb here, Ive got a 2004 commonrail with a sh!tty 48re auto tranny. Now i pull cattle, horses, 4 wheelers, tractors and hay and couchs and yea all that good stuff but ive really had my interest peaked by a few swaps ive seen lately using 7 speed spicers so could someone shoot out some advice of going with a spicer or eaton over a nv5600 or g56

I personally wouldn't swap a g56 in, but they do shift nice. If its a 2wd the Spicer would be cool but IMO the 5600 would be a better swap, the parts are already built to do it so you wouldn't have a truck down for weeks while you can custom parts. If its 4x4 I'd definitely stay with factory Dodge options.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

I wouldn't call the 48re sh!tty, when built right they have been known to hold 1000+ hp with little problem at all. Now granted, in stock form, they will toss their cookies pretty quick when you start adding power.

the 48re is on tc number 2, i just need something with more gear options for pulling. Cant seem to find anyone producing a kit (everything you need) to swap in a 5600.

First off, welcome to CompD. Secondly, the 'search' feature is about to become your new best friend. There are about 5,048,847 threads about this. Make some phone calls, talk to some builders, and whichever one you feel will suit your end goal the best with the best customer service and product, buy that one.

First off, welcome to CompD. Secondly, the 'search' feature is about to become your new best friend. There are about 5,048,847 threads about this. Make some phone calls, talk to some builders, and whichever one you feel will suit your end goal the best with the best customer service and product, buy that one.

I second this. I might also add that a lot builders have their favorite trans that they like for their own reason.

Give us a call. We can take care of the 48re for you. You'll be much happier with it than the 6 speed.