which would be easier

cowboys toys

I'm trying to decide wich would be easier wife has a 98 extended cab short bed with the 360 gasser, and is looking towards a newer truck. I have the 97 12 v thats in my sig. Would it be easier to pull the motor out of mine and put in hers or change the body from the ext cab and put on my frame? Any knowledge would be great. Thanks in advance

I would save myself all that work from either of those swaps and buy her a 12v/24v/cr truck if she wanted a cummins. Sell her gasser to recover some of the costs of the new (to you) truck.

Just my $.02

I think that both are going to be a pita. But if i had to guess if you had a way to move the cab/ lift the cab off i think that would be easier route. I have never pulled a cab off before when a motor was still in the truck. But you have gound wires to take off, heater hoses, ac lines. and the main plugs for computer and dash instead of a bunch of plugs everywhere. Also asuming the cabs have the same plugs for the computer and dash.

There's a thread on built with blood of a guy that got a rust free gas 1/2 ton body and put on his Cummins frame, he made no mention of any real problems.

Back