who can tell me about injector tubes

lilhenry

my 05 had two barley loose injector lines and ran like total crap once it heatted up to 200deg tightened up the lines and it ran alot!! better but after drivin again and letting it heat up to 200 deg its still has a hesitation and power loss but not near as bad i have checked the rp sensor and all that stuff i have been told that its the injector tubes im jus wondering if someone could tell me the details on replacing them and what i need to do thanks

When I had connector tubes that come loose or had a defect, (which by the way will be smaller than a hair and hard to tell which one is bad) The truck would not start on its own. I took it to ADT in WV and doug put it on a snap on reader and it shows the rail pressure when you are trying to start it and that it was reading 800 psi lower then needed to start. We pulled the connector tubes and he showed me the diff between a good and bad which the tip injector side had a small pin head size blemish. To remove them you just take the injector lines off and remove the large outer nut and they pull right out. Be careful not to drop one and keep them clean. Their are also orings on them that maybe you can check but I never had a prob with them. They just push back in, and reassemble the rest but use a torque wrench and get everything tight. I usually add a few lbs but have still had the tubes back out before which led right back to the no start issue and then would run fine after started. Good Luck

Back