Who converted the plastic clip trans lines??

Sarge1

Sarge
Went to install my Dave G special and seen he updated the fittings to the newer style dodge lines. Did anyone convert there plastic clipped lines to aeroquip or parker pushlock?? What size are the new style fittings on the dodges will an AN fitting thread in it? Appears its around 300 and some change to update all the lines to steel. Any advise be much appreciated

That is gonna be my problem soon too. Gonna have to figure out what to do with the lines whenever I order a tranny from Dave. I hate those junky fittings on there now anyways though.

Dave will start ya out with the 2 fittings in the trans. I appears the heat exchanger has them too. probably at radiator also for cooler.

Yep, I know the heat exchanger has them, because one of mine is leaking. Not for sure about the cooler. I know they are some sort of quick connect deals.

My vote is to replace all the lines with hydraulic hose or Aeroquip stainless braided. The last thing you want to worry about is destroying a $5k tranny with a faulty connection.

Im planning on doing that, I need to know what type of fitting will thread into the trans for the new style dodge fittings Dave installed. Will AN work?? Size?? I was going to run 8AN lines throughout

I don't know what size Dave installs. If they're the same fittings as the ones on the factory heat exchanger, they're -8 AN.

To all inquiring minds, Dodge has a metal clip to replace the plastic ones. So if your lines are good all you will have to do is replace the fittings with ones that have the metal clips. the p/n is 4897792AA. You will need 4 of these fittings if you are going to replace the plastic clips at the heat exchanger. Another thing, if you are replacing at the heat exchanger also, you will need a bushing adapter to adapt the fittings to fit in the exchanger. This sure beats spending close to 500$ for the 99 up lines at retail prices. The new fittings are around 15$

Would you guys keep the heat exchanger in action on a daily driver if you were gonna replace the lines with hydraulic hose? I dont know how much good that exchanger does, so just curious about what you guys thought.

You should leave the heat exchanger there, it does keep the temps down. When I talked to Dave at Goerend's I had asked about deleting it for twins. He said about running a big trans cooler with a fan in conjunction with the one up front would be fine. He recommeded going with a Proweld setup. All that consists of is a B&M hi-tech cooler w/fan and a fancy mount to go by the trans. As far as the heat exchanger building heat to help warm fluid, the torque convertor is going to warm it quicker than exchanger. If you dont have to delete it for twins, I'd leave it there.

Thanks, thats the info i was looking there. I reckon it'll be staying there then.

Eric

If nothing is wrong with yours, I'd just keep it there. The ProWeld setup is around 6-700$. If you make your own, the cooler from B&M is little over 200$. Then you will have to make up a mount and lines. Unless you can get aeroquip fittings and lines discounted, you still prob have about the same in it as a kit from ProWeld. Another option is to remote mount the heat exchanger if you were planning this for twins.

Yep, it'll be staying. Nothing is wrong with it, so i might as well leave it. I just didnt know if it really did much or not.

Eric